4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

off road courses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guerdeval

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:50    Post subject: off road courses Reply with quote

Has anyone organised or thought of organising a meet involving a "non damaging" off road venue? I think there are some in N Devon where an instructor will accompany you round giving advice then your on your own as it were, it would be interesting to test the Deli's capabilities to the maximum in a private meet before looking a plonker taking on too much in public. I guess the more attending would secure a better deal or even "exclusive use" for part of the day, any ideas??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how far you wish to travel. There's an off-road course at the Beaulieu meet, which is quite good. Although it needs a bit of rain before hand to 'liven' it up a bit Wink
Other than that it might be worth 'Googleing' or try a 4x4 mag for local courses. I'll have a look through some of my 4x4 mags to see if I find any down your way 8)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno why you can't edit previous posts here? Edit: Sorted, Thanks

Anyway, here's a few places to try:

That's just a few I found in Cornwall area Wink
As far as green laning is concerned, you need to find a OS map covering the area and look for Byways, RUPPs (Road used as public path) or BOATs (Byway open to all traffic) etc. Ideally you should check with local town halls to check on going status of lanes. Try to get together a group of say 2-5 max and go for it. Take some stropes/ropes, sandwiches etc. Be prepared to get your Deli dirty Twisted Evil Most green lanes are fairly easy going with deep ruts being the main obstacles. As I don't know Cornwall area very well, can't be much more help, Sorry Rolling Eyes
Also it's worth checking our sister site Pocuk for club events etc. Also for advice on off-road club policy etc. Wink
HTHs-- Russ
PS. check this out: http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14810 Suggest you ask if you could join them, if it sounds okay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: