Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Model report for Delica's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellytott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 20:33    Post subject: Model report for Delica's Reply with quote

They are now available so I've been told
Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 20:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 14:03    Post subject: Delica MODEL REPORT - UPDATE Reply with quote

I have just spoken with Kevin (man in charge of Modelreports.com). The report is still not ready. They are waiting on DVLA and VI to produce the report. DVLA are saying they have staff off sick (nice) so it's taking even longer. Kevin doesn't know when it will be ready.
Also, and this is a pain is the arse, the model report is being produced for chassis PE8W (high roof vehicles). It will not cover the PD8W (low roof) vehicles even though the floorpan, running gear, engine, windows, seatbelts, in fact everything except the roof, is IDENTICAL. Also, it will NOT cover PF8W (LWB) vehicles or PD6W and PE6W (low and high roof petrol).
So, NO LWB, NO normal aero roof vehicles and NO petrol vehicles manufactured after 31/12/96 can be imported.
hairyben

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete: so how are people getting round it? I've seen new shapers advertised for sale, and I've seen the same new shaper 3 times on the north circ. or 3 identical ones lol. Are they doing something naughty?

now gone Sad

merc vito 120- eaten 2 EGR's in 6k bandhead
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i remember what pete said correctly if a motor (later type) was booked in for sva before the date of all the changes(apr 1) then it could have been shipped after the final date and gone through the "old type sva rules" thus avoiding all of the new regs that have come in since april 1st i think.
ile happily stand corrected but ithink thats what pete told us a while back

Marc 8)

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Marc - that's right. Any test booked prior to 1 April 2004 then it would go through old SVA, anything booked since then it won't go through until the model report is faully approved by DVLA. I'm getting bad vibes about it though and I won't believe it's been produced until I see it.
guerdeval

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 17:48    Post subject: If you repeat this I may have to kill you, Reply with quote

but, what seems to happen is a Delica arrives from Japan, one rear seat is removed and replaced with a "stand alone" kitchen unit (a la bongo) and temporalily secured, then presented as a Motor home (exempt from regulations), I'm told that nothing else is touched apart from fog light, registered as a motorhome (mine is) then back to the garage, sink removed for the next one and seat replaced. Don't quote me on above the information is secondhand.
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 19:45    Post subject: Model report for Delica's Reply with quote

Mine's registered as a "motor caravan" . I guess thats why it got and an SVA and an MOT with no rear fog light and a KPH speedo!!

I spoke to VOSA about this and it is a loophole they are about to close. There are (or was) a few companies offering to SVA imprts this way but at least one of them has been closed down.

Ianj
petemillis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, without a rear forglight it shouldn't have got an SVA or an MOT as this is a legal requirement, motorcaravan or not. You'll find out next time you go for an MOT I guess!
Also, the speedo should have been converted to MPH if it was a ealer who sold it as, although it only needs to be kph if you imported it for yourself, if a dealer in the UK has sold it to you he is legally obliged to sell it with MPH conversion done.
Keith Chapman used to go an register these and Pajero LWBs as motorcaravans but was only able to do a small number at a time as it's not something that should be done. It's been a handy loophole because it bypasses one of the stumbling blocks which is the front/rear brake balance - however from a safety point of view it's probably a good idea to ensure that this complies with UK regs.
IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 14:23    Post subject: Model report for Delica's Reply with quote

Pete,

I am putting a new speedo face and fitting rear fogs before the next MOT.

From what I hear there was a fair bit of skullduggery going on in South Wales at the end of last year as fat as SVA certificates being issued, I am told that there was an investigation inside VOSA and that jobs were lost. Mine came in through South Wales and probably slipped the net because of that.

Anyway all will be legal by MOT time.

Cheers

IanJ
hairyben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovy. I got a mate who wants one so the best route looks like deciding he needs a camper for the summer, heh. Funny if you knew him!

now gone Sad

merc vito 120- eaten 2 EGR's in 6k bandhead
Jellytott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 19:29    Post subject: cont. Reply with quote

At last there's a YES in the available column at ModelReport.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: