4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Weston Beach - Sat 17th July***UPDATED***

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 18:44    Post subject: Weston Beach - Sat 17th July***UPDATED*** Reply with quote

I haven't had chance to check with Astra yet (we normally liaise and work together to arrange meets Wink ) but can I propose a date for another jolly jaunt to Weston Beach?

Anyone who missed it last time, HERE are some pics of the day (supposed to be meeting in Cheddar, but ended up on Weston Beach - that's spontaneity for you! Laughing )

How does Sat the 17th July sound?

I would like to fix the date as this, because (and this is not a criticism) there is always someone who can't make it - but as I've found before, little progress is made if dates keep moving Wink although obviously if EVERYONE says Sunday would be better, then I'll go with the majority.

This date should give plenty of time for people to book it, make arrangements etc..... :D

Seeing as Weston beach is SO big, there is obviously no limit on the amount of people attending. Here is a rough idea on how I imagine the day to go:

Arrow Meet at 'The Full Quart' pub on the A370 just outside W-S-Mare.

Arrow Rather than spend ages chatting, a time will be set to move to the beach (obviously a beach is preferrable to a pub carpark)

Arrow Maps from the pub and motorway to the beach will be sent out in advance just in case anyone misses the departure from the pub. They can then go directly to the beach and meet us there.

Arrow Depending on the number of attendees, the convoy to the beach will be split into groups of no more than 5 Delica's. This will make keeping together MUCH easier, seeing as the convoy is purely to get to the beach.

Arrow Obviously I will need a few volunteers to head the 'mini-convoys' IF the numbers are significant enough?

Arrow Arrive at the beach and park in a chaotic and frenzied pattern so that everyone is is forced to mix and mingle amongst the wagons - after all that is what the meet is mostly about 8)

Arrow All people will be bringing VARIOUS contributions of food and a range of cooking means (mostly disposeable BBQ's I'd imagine??) and some tables and chairs so that all the food is shared, enjoyed and we can all sit around afterwards and rub our bellies and congratulate ourselves on our wonderful joint culinary and eating skills (while watching out for the shark like sausage thief 'Jasper' - Willisa's MAD dalmation!! Laughing Wink )

Arrow Enjoy the freedom to cast off horrible footwear and relish the feeling of sand between your toes while watching the kids play to their hearts content on a safe and secure beach.

Arrow Have fun 'dune-bashing' in the Deli's (if you feel like it??)

Arrow Head off whenever you feel like. There is no agenda for the day except to meet, chat, eat and have fun......... :D :D :D

Thoughts anyone????

Regards,

Bruce.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 18:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Indigo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect!!!

although the Sunday would be better for me ;) i could make the Saturday at a push - will have to try and swap hours tho (they are getting sick of me doing that lol)

how about we make arrangements to all bring different stuff to the table so to speak, so that we get a variety of stuff instead of 100 sausages hehe - do this a little later in the day when things are for definate Smile

the location last time was perfect, and the pub was dead easy to find (even for me Rolling Eyes Laughing )

i loved the fact that the beach was secure, the kids loved having the freedom Smile - remember to bring changes of clothing for everyone!!

we'll be bringing our dogs to this one, having checked it out on the last meet, the place is perfect for them to run around and have fun Smile - just don't bother cleaning the Deli inside or out! i've still got half of the beach in mine now! lol
little pajali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

can little pajy ali come....??????????????....i'll let you call it a shogun if you let me come along..... Laughing ......
little paj ali... 8) ...
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS THAT B1OODY SHOGUN AGAIN Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
macpingu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

We'll be there . . . . probably playing " who's Delica can we mooch around today"!!!! :D

C ya'all there
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

little pajali wrote:
can little pajy ali come....??????????????

As far as we're concerned Ali - you're one of the family anyway!! Wink (In fact - I think of your motor more as a 'deformed Deli' than a Paj - or should that be SHOGUN!!! Twisted Evil ) so COME ALONG :D :D

Astra - as far as Sunday goes - I'll see what the initial preferences are first before having to accomodate the wishes of the Royal Family - after all your Highness, you above all members should know this is a democracy! Laughing

Regards,

Bruce.

IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 20:59    Post subject: Weston Beach - The Return (Pt 2!!!!) Reply with quote

We'll be there, hopefully with the Fridge this time!!!
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

macpingu wrote:
We'll be there . . . . probably playing " who's Delica can we mooch around today"!!!! :D

COOL - Christine & Amanda can talk about 'girlie' things while we 'mooch' over the finer aspects of Deli ownership!! Laughing

You never know - you might be bringing you OWN by then? 8)

If you have to bring the 'Fordelica' I'll make you up some 'Ralli Art' stickers and give you one of the MDOCUK yellow diamonds so you won't look TOO out of place! Laughing Laughing

Ian - it's be wicked if you can make it in 'The Fridge' - hope it's all going okay? I'll even bring a few fridge magnets to adorn the beast.... Twisted Evil

Regards,

Bruce.

Indigo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:

Astra - as far as Sunday goes - I'll see what the initial preferences are first before having to accomodate the wishes of the Royal Family - after all your Highness, you above all members should know this is a democracy! Laughing

Regards,

Bruce.

that would be most pleasing, thank you loyal subject!!

;)
IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 17:26    Post subject: Weston Beach - The Return (Pt 2!!!!) Reply with quote

Looks like the Fridge will be there!! I'm picking it up tomorrow Smile Smile Smile

That's the good news........... Bad news is they ain't found the cause of the noise Shocked

At least they have put it writing that if anything lets go they will fix it FOC.

I really don't give a sh|t, at least I'll have me Deli back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I can start moddng it, and possibly driving it up some dunes :D :D

Ian
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

That's BRILLIANT news!! :D :D :D :D

I bet you're chuffed to bits?? :D

I know the noise hasn't been fixed, but at least you know you'll get to enjoy the motor AND have the reassurance of getting it fixed if it does go wrong (fingers firmly crossed for you! Wink )

Looking forward to seeing you there....

Bruce.

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really don't give a sh|t, at least I'll have me Deli back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I can start moddng it, and possibly driving it up some dunes

Yes, but will get as far up 'em as me Wink Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustysparks wrote:
Quote:
and possibly driving it up some dunes

Yes, but will get as far up 'em as me Wink Twisted Evil

Well - it depends if you are coming along to show Ian how it 'should' be done - I'm afraid we *lost* your marker point, so you're just gonna have to attend now aren't you?? Wink Laughing Laughing

Regards,

Bruce.

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do anything for a kebab Wink Twisted Evil Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 18:48    Post subject: Weston Beach - The Return (Pt 2!!!!) Reply with quote

Anything for a Kebab. yes and you know how much trouble that gets you into Rusty Shocked Shocked Shocked
willisa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we can't make it Sad . Someone on the Paj site reminded me that we have tickets for a Busted concert in Peterborough on the Sat.

Hope you have a great day! Smile

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear 2.8Tdi Royal Exceed
Indigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustysparks wrote:
I'll do anything for a kebab Wink Twisted Evil Laughing

no worries, one veggie kebab coming up sir Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
IanFJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 14:49    Post subject: Weston Beach - The Return (Pt 2!!!!) Reply with quote

At this rate no one is going to believe the Fridge exists........... Presence of the Fridge at next WsM meet looking doubtful.

While they were driving it back from the garage to the dealers so I could pick it up the engine let go!!!! So now I have got to wait for them to find and fit a replacement engine.

I think fate has decided I shouldn't have the bloody thing!!!!

Still, as Astra pointed out, better it happened with them driving than me.

Regards

IJ
(Fridgeless once again)
willisa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no Ian Sad. What rotten luck Sad. Hope they get it sorted soon Smile.
Take care,

Lisa & gang

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear 2.8Tdi Royal Exceed
Indigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 14:56    Post subject: Re: Weston Beach - The Return (Pt 2!!!!) Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
At this rate no one is going to believe the Fridge exists........... Presence of the Fridge at next WsM meet looking doubtful.

While they were driving it back from the garage to the dealers so I could pick it up the engine let go!!!! So now I have got to wait for them to find and fit a replacement engine.

I think fate has decided I shouldn't have the flippin thing!!!!

Still, as Astra pointed out, better it happened with them driving than me.

Regards

IJ
(Fridgeless once again)

you *are* still coming tho.. right??!!!!

and fate's probably doing it's job by getting it all put right before you have it back Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: