2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

cold start now fixed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 0:03    Post subject: cold start now fixed Reply with quote

my cold start is now working it's not in the manual so this is what i did hope it helps some one
step 1 before you start on the cold start you need to set your normal temp tick over.

step 2 go for a drive and when you are at normal temp put in to park and turn off the heater and lights, it should be at 750rpm +/- 100rpm. if okay goto step 4.

step 3 you will need to undo the 4 bolts that hold the intercooler unconnnect the 2 plugs (for the fan) and move the cooler over you don't have to take the pipes off, the adjuster screw is just to the left of the battery under the kick down cable.

step 4 now with the engine cold (next day ) remove the intercooler (see step 3 ) you will need to take the batterys out, on the side of the engine you will see a big spring with a lever on it near to the tickover screw on this there is a small screw this is the adjuster, when cold the cold start lever will be holding the throttle off the tickover screw.if you undo this small screw you get more choke screw it in less .i set mine to a gap of 6mm this gave me 950rpm when cold .i used jump leads so i could start it up with the batterys on the floor . try it then when you make an adjustment turn it off (so it stays cold) like i said at 950rpm the gap was 6mm,after about 2 mins the cold start starts to turn off

Keith    Laughing

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 0:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

40+ Cruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 0:40    Post subject: cold start Reply with quote

I will be looking at mine in the next few days.
8) Excelent tip :D
Perhaps you should put this post on the Top Tips Forum.
Andy

Silver 1994 Space Gear. Manual. 2.8 turbo.
Dave
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sock, youre a star!!!!
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to the tech faq

Marc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: