2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Blow out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Blow out Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this, hope this is okay. Just info about an incident.

On my way north last Thursday I had a blowout front drivers side. It was sudden. Speed about 55/60, Noise, slightly heavy steering. Sussed tyre gone, slowly braked and was lucky enough to be able to pull in on a lay-by.
Got out checked the ripped up tyre, then reversed back slowly to get further into lay-by. got spare on and then went on my way.

(Tyres were decent 2/3 mil left. Jap Goodyear ATs. Spare didn't seem to have been used.)

I was pleased that the Deli behaved well, no wandering at all, a steady course and I could pull into the side okay.

When I got up to my destination, Cramlinton, I got in touch with Steve SG as he had offered me tyres before. ( At the Chatsworth Meet) Steve got me a set, (I replaced all 4) and then took me to a garage to get them fitted - thanks Steve.

ItsaDeli 2.8 Green over Silver
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spannerzzUK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was it for a full set??where they on standard alloys??
thanks
NEW TO SITE SO BE GENTLE
Rob Barker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spannerz, I paid £70.00 a corner for MT's from West Coast 4x4 in Southport earlier this year. You can contact them on 01704 229014
Mick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were on standard alloys, tyre size 235 75 R15s, Runway Enduro AT, made in China. Cost £175 plus £44 for fitting. Nice and chunky but low road noise. I'm pleased with them, but unsure how long they'll last - time as they say will tell. Max weight for each tyre is 900Kg. Max pressure is 151 psi. Dot standard etc etc.

I changed the lot because I like the same tyres at each corner and at this price it didn't hurt too much. I hope the wear will be equal all around so that when needed I will do it again. If they last anything like I,d be pleased to put the same on again.

ItsaDeli 2.8, Green over Silver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: