Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

CURED Rattles and Wet Floors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jo0lz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 21:51    Post subject: CURED Rattles and Wet Floors Reply with quote

Pulled these THREE posts together to make sense of a solution to a couple of nasty L300 problems involving the front quarter panels

mark.giles wrote:
Hi bruce you are not far wrong with were the vibration is coming from this what you have to do
In the following picture i have highlighted in differant colours which i will explain
This indicator/sidelamp need to be removed
Next you will be removing this panel
The arrows in green highlight were the fixings are for the pannel the one at the top by the windscreen is under the edge of the rubber seal you need to lift the edge of the seal to see the screw but take care in removing this screw as it is very hard to undo and is right by the windscreen
The part in blue is were the problem is this is bonded to the car and on mine this bonding had broken up which would cause the panel to vibrate when the wind got under it you will need to go to a body shop supplys place and obtain what they use to bond pannels together and put a new line of bond down the edge highlighted in blue then refit the panel and let the bond set and this should fix the problem
Here is the picture
I hope that this is some help?

While the panel is off you can cure the water leak
JMC wrote:
It's not the windscreen rubber that is the problem. It's the joint between the metal panels underneath the front quarters. A lot of water runs off the windscreen and bodywork down behind the panels. There is a gap between these panels and the front panel (bodywork) and under the mirror arms. The corner panel is merely decorative to cover up the steel base frame. The water gets through the base frame where two sections are spot welded together. Sealer is used to prevent ingress of water into the vehicle. If this dries out it becomes ineffective in sealing the inside from water.
Leakage through this section is why owners get puddles inside when it's raining without moving the car so the fact that anyone can't remember going through deep puddles isn't surprising.
Water is coming in from the top not from underneath.

And I found pictures showing the solution on the Japanese Website
http://chamonix.oops.jp

jo0lz wrote:
Here we go
The Japanese have the problem sussed out and here are the pictures to prove it

Remove the indicators & headlights first

Then the corner panel above them

Then you need to do a bit of painting

Then a bit of sealing as this is the leaking seam that lets the footwell fill with water

AND tidy up the sealant before you put it all back together again

AND they did this as group while on a trip...how very Japanese....how very Deli.....

As my drivers side footwell is currently soaked i guess this will be a job I need to do!!!!
Jo0lz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 21:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Jo0lz, I'll stick this in the L300 FAQ section along with your other stuff! :D

Keep it coming! Wink

Regards,

Bruce.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: