2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Electronic EGR controller kit

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitmore reans wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 22:27    Post subject: Electronic EGR controller kit Reply with quote

Just come across something called an “electronic EGR controller “ being sold on ‘that site’
by ST HELENS PAJERO CLUB claims that the kit Produces MORE Brake HorsePower Gives BETTER fuel economy ELIMINATES black smoke has MOT and NORMAL switch functions and is SIMPLE TO FIT IN JUST 5 MINUTES.
Has anyone come across one of these kits and do they work or does it sound to good to be true ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 22:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:44    Post subject: Re: Electronic EGR controller kit Reply with quote

whitmore reans wolf wrote:
........or does it sound to good to be true ?

Regards,

Bruce.

Tinca
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many people fitting an EGR Blanking plate without problems it shows that an EGR is not required.

So why would anyone want to fit an electronic one?

Just another thing to give you grief?
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraud i tell u Fraud!
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

*WARNING* This company threatens to sue anyone who 'bad mouths' it's products. It did over at Pocuk anyway. So be warned.
I wonder what it's afraid of? I think it says it all.

I think you will find this post will self destruct shortly Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay then, I'll get trading standards onto proving the claims made 8)
john cook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you know that the word gullible doesn't appear in the oxford english dictionary
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is probably going to get removed so here we go:

I think it is a pile of **** that that has been bodged together to fool people into thinking it is going to save them a fortune!

Look at the way it's been made - a little black box with some crimp connectors on the end of some cat5/phone wire!! Nice, well placed stickers too!

If it really does work, as Rusty says, why are they threatening to sue??

SUE ME!!! I'm only stating an opinion.....what's bad about that!

I think it's a rip off - but then I think Rolls Royce's are a rip off too - and petrol in this country, stamp duty on properties too....

I guess now I'd better watch out because I'm probably going to be sued by Rolls Royce and Blair too!!

I'm just stating my opinion - and that opinion is that Electronic EGR's are a pile of ****, a waste of money and nothing more than a marketing ploy.....a bit like Dyson's too! (yes Sir James - you can sue me too!! Wink )

Rant over.....

Bruce.

mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

A POCUK member asked - will this device have any affect where, as is the case that the ONLY REAL PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED WITH EGR VALVES, the egr valve has become clogged up and ended up in the 'stuck open' position ...

The answer, from the horses' mouth .... NO Embarassed

If you are NOT suffering from the typical symptoms of a stuck-open EGR valve ... clouds of smoke, particularly on acceleration, poor performance and poor economy, then LEAVE IT ALONE ... if you do have problems symptomatic of a 'stuck open' EGR ... you have a number of choices ...

Blank it, or refurbish it.

My personal recommendation, for a long-term fix, would be to refurbish it - there are detailed posts in both this forum and POCUK ... check the glow plug solenoids too!

For a quick fix - eg to get through the emissions test on the MOT - you will be hard pressed to beat the EGR plate blanking ... although, I have to be honest, i've had a blanking plate on our first PJ for over 3 years now ;)

In my personal opinion, I would NOT touch these bits of kit on ebay, with, what I can only desribe as 'incredible' claims Shocked

And yes ... it's true ... they threatened to sue me for slander (sic) the last time POCUK members questioned products they posted on ebay.

... my harruss!

Simon

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope u told them to *beep* the *beep off* ....They evidently have some incrusted ferrel rodent dying up their *beep* bums to start threatening to sue people.

Rant over!

And yes complete waste of money, infact i might go on there now and ask them some questions about their products Twisted Evil
whitmore reans wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirmation i thought it was a bit sus Exclamation
It seems The St. Helens pajero club has a thing for EGR valves they've also been selling this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Pajero-EGR-Valve-Refurbishing-kit_W0QQitemZ4570926499QQcategoryZ10400QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphoto hosting

note the Mitsubishi labels! Shocked
SkodaGone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing ...I read all that *****on that site then looked out of the window ,
guess what there were pigs flying,gold bars growing off my trees and fairies having a party!
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkodaGone wrote:
guess what there were pigs flying,gold bars growing off my trees and fairies having a party!

COOL - can I pop round for a cuppa sometime? Maybe give you a hand trimming the trees?? Laughing

SkodaGone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup,there are still trees that have to come down!! New fence has to be done also.
Laughing Laughing Found this today...

http://www.ne4x4.org.uk/?pg=/php-xmb/viewthread.php?tid=2382

It seems that others are making the exact same comments and queries,the biggest point being does the St.Helens pajero club exist? Who and where are they?
Searches reveal nothing,nada!

Other threads also point out the dubious looking MMC labels on the bottles one comment was "home made".

So as they like to make seemingly OTT claims for these products,claim they are patented and apparently approved by MMC I have today sent a detailed query direct to Mitsubishi UK and await their comments on this .

Personally if I had access to this "wonder" fluid I wouldn't be pedalling it on E Bay ,by now I would be lying on a tropial beach with dozens of staff doing the chores etc. etc. cos anything that can do what they claim would be worth billions! Wink Wink
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder fluid A.K.A white spirit/kerrosine/petrol.

I think its also blatently obvious that any engine is gonna work slightly better on cleaner and cooler air...i.e. blocking off the EGR to stop the horrible carbonised warm air back into the engine (where do they think the carbon that blocks the EGR comes from in the first place Mad,

Somebody correct me if imm wrong pls
Stouffer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitbull2001 wrote:

I think its also blatently obvious that any engine is gonna work slightly better on cleaner and cooler air...i.e. blocking off the EGR to stop the horrible carbonised warm air back into the engine (where do they think the carbon that blocks the EGR comes from in the first place Mad,

Okay, assuming we take this statement as fact (I don't have a clue) is it going to pay me to blank off the EGR?

I got my vehicle yesterday and paid heed to the black smoke issue when purchasing and start up this morning was fine. Brand new MOT so emissions must presumably be satisfactory.

What I could really do with knowing is this.

If the EGR valve is presumably working as it should (based solely on the evidence of a smokeless start-up because that's all I have to go on) do you leave it alone or do you fit the ERG regardless to suck in nice cool air before it has a chance to go wrong and would there be a noticeable increase in MPG etc. as I've seen mentioned (or does this increase ONLY occur if a faulty ERG is blanked off)?

This is my first diesel motor so fish-out-of-water is my middle name Laughing

Andy.

Turned on, tuned in, freaked out! (by L400 - Volvo remix) Blue over Silver with shiny tusks and yellow eyes)
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me if I'm wrong - but in the EGR 'Servicing Kit' doesn't it strike you as a bit of hypocrisy??

Why would you spend £20 on a 'pound stretcher' washing up bowl, some urine sample pots from your local GP (Does this guy have a bladder problem?? :? ) and some petrol (or is it his own samples?? Shocked ) to get your EGR working fine - then go and block it with the blanking plate supplied in the kit?? Shocked Shocked :? Laughing

He says he's supplying the plate to get you through the MOT....but if the 'Patented wonder fluid' does such a good job, why wouldn't you just do the job in the first place and forget the blanking plate! I'll tell you why - because it's all blolocks and he know's you'll have to resort to fitting the blanking plate when the petrol/urine hybrid 'patented' mix turns out to do very little!

Fair play to the cheek of the guy - buy his blanking plate....then his urine sample kit if you want to do the job PROPERLY.....then his Maplins magic box of phone wires when you want to do the job REALLY PROPERLY.....only to find you go back to the blanking plate because this is the simple solution that really works if your EGR is knackered.....only you're £50 worse off!!!! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Now - to quote him, "Well, my wallet is pretty empty these days so I know what I would do."

If these Patented MIRACLE cures that all seem to contradict themselves REALLY work, why oh WHY is his wallet empty?? This man seems to have single handedly solved the problems that may well save the planet - surely he should be rewarded for such noble efforts??

Maybe it's because Pound Stretcher have increased the price of their washing up bowls.......or maybe it's because his items are just CR4P and most people see through his cloudy urine extracting con???

Who knows??

Still waiting to hear from the solicitors! Wink

Regards,

Bruce.

Stouffer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...

should read:

...do you leave it alone or do you fit the ERG BLANKING PLATE regardless to suck in nice cool air...

Andy.

Turned on, tuned in, freaked out! (by L400 - Volvo remix) Blue over Silver with shiny tusks and yellow eyes)
pitbull2001
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imm new to world of diesels too,always been a petrol head till the Deli came into my life..Imm going more along the scientific approch...being the cleaner and more oxidised and less carbonised air and also cooler going into the chamber...the better the compression ratio!

Imm afraid imm not qualified or experienced enough to answer ur question about getting a EGR plate even if working correctly iv got a EGR thats working fine at the moment but have been pondering over the same question as you, whether to blank it anyway.

The only reason the EGR is fitted to the engine in the first palce is to cut down on the emmisions (strict controls in japan make it a requirment) this is my understanding of it anyway. Addmittedly mitsu desgined the engine with the EGR in place...But only cause they had to!

Thats my understand of it anyway! Rolling Eyes
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imho its just another "blind them with science" (yeah right) way of getting people to part with there hard earned,i think the products they sell and the claims they make along with the threats they make are all a little bit too much :? i think simons post sums it up really,imho the best thing to do with there claims is take them with a pinch of salt.
Just my two penneth worth,(*now awaits law suit* Laughing Laughing )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: