4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Blackpool Lights...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boozy nights

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies we couldn't do the lights convoy, the babs decided he didn't want to sit in the car any more. 2 hrs journey home of screeming!! Not good and very stressful Crying or Very sad Catch you all next time Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 19:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

billy bob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need dvd players fitted or personal ones like me stick on the cartoons and you will forget they are still in the back, best money i'v spent on the Deli.
i had to miss out alltogether no Deli to go in the bike or citron ax would look sad it the middle of a stream of delis.
hoping for some nice piccis as haven't seen lights for about 30 years
97 red/black/silver honda CBR 1000 F
96 blue fiesta ghia auto
joned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time today and met hopefully some new friends unfortunately also didn't manage to hang around long enough for the lights.

Good day.
:D
Jon :D
swamp0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 22:18    Post subject: blackpool lights Reply with quote

we went up to mount hotel at 8 pm and guees what nobody there so we thought we would do the lights and see if we could see anybody in there delicas all we seen was minis Sad hopefully will catch ya all next time
Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hacked off.....ended up on call till 8.30 today. And no Deli. Argghhhhh
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a day!

Got a puncture on the way up to the lights - got it fixed so no biggy...got parked in Blackpool (biggy!!! - whaty DO they have against vehicles over 6'3")...

met some nice people, saw some nice vehicles......

spent 2 hours in thetrafic, make under 2/10's of a mile and gave up and came home.....kids were asleep anyway by that point!

you WOULD think as the local council/fuzz do it every year they would have worked it out by now...

good fun to meet up but i don't think that the lights are a good idea again!
jkeo44

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 0:00    Post subject: Blackpool Lights Reply with quote

After an hour or so and not moving very far the young un was getting a little restless, Sad was looking forward to going through lights Smile still had a good day, met some new faces, :D and viewing the Paj with all the lights was very illuminating,hope you all had a safe journey home. John Hil and Matthew
Boozy nights

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

We too had trouble parking. Scraped the top of the roof on a height barrier, was being guided at the time by a bloke who told me I had loads of room Shocked " you must be too big mate" well I guessed that one!! Not too much damage just a bit of a scrape :?
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats where a crystalite roof come in handy you can see how much you have!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
chiefie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe next year we should all go through from the fleetwood end towards the pleasure beach. (all motorway traffic is sent to the pleasure beach end :? )
quite suprised at how much trouble you had considering its not school holidays (like last year).

we will get it right one year......maybe do a meet on a Tuesday Laughing
rolling thunder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right mate we will get it right one year Sad sorry folks
joned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to apologise. I didn't make the light's but had a good time and enjoyed meeting people.

Jon
JapSTi3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Wink :D

Hey, look on the bright side.......... we all got together and had a natter,
Good to see old freinds again and sorry did'nt have much time to make some new ones this time. And who "REALLY" cares about the lights, really Question Question Question They'll be there next year Wink

We just need an excuse to get together something we should all do more offten.

Great Meet :D ...... Late I know Embarassed , but Still there....... 8) 8) 8) thanks for getting it all sorted Mick & Mark..............

Hope to see you ALL again soon.

When U getting are local meet sorted Rik Question

Take care all and watch how you go.

Cheers
Ray Wink
chiefie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

JapSTi3 wrote:

When U getting are local meet sorted Rik Question

Ray Wink

its gonna be next month mate, i will let you know Wink
Aircooled68

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOOW Ray your alive, how are you........

Dave
chip

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 16:28    Post subject: blackpool lights Reply with quote

I set off from fleetwood end at 1815 thinking I'd be smart and do a recce run from the other end first and still have time to join the lights convoy nah! ! ! ! still took me 2 1/2 hours and when i tried to do a u turn to join the convoy pc plod gave me a stern talking to and sent me away with a flea in me ear, so took a short cut to pleasure park thingumy doobrie tha kno's with pepsi max roller coaster thingie in'it sat there for another 1 hr 1/2 still no convoy until mr landy mud club with his works 90 stopped on his way to his digs and said all had departed even the local yokels, well packed up mi tent 'n' went home feeling a bit of a tool well maybe next year folk's, once again thanks mick and mark see yawl soon cheers
chris
swamp0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 17:59    Post subject: blackpool lights Reply with quote

i think we should do it again but this time set off from blackpool airport then striaght up to fleetwood on the 4 th november at 8:30 pm
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

the good bit about this is it prompted me to go and get a dvd set up for the dlei today (6 hours of kids yesterday....) fitted it tonight spot on and £115 from ASDA with TWIN screens...okay they are only 5" widescreens but still £115!!!! (plus 3 hours fiutting it so its nice and neat - anyone else about 10 minutes but I'm like that and now i know how the seat come out...)

anyway now the kids can watch wellyflubbies or whatever (and hopefully not scream in my left ear!)

got a lot of ideas fro the meet...like the Deli with the whinch (sorry m8 never did find out who you were!) like gaz's lights (don't think with my luck that would be such a good idea be sure to get plod feeling my collar...but i do like them!)....the EVO Paj was quite something, and i still haev the photo of someone under his 300 trying to find his pump (ohhhh errrr misus) with just his feet sticking out - you know who you are - but i will spare your blushes and not post it!
JapSTi3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all Dave, U okay?
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!

I sent an email to the council and got the following reply:-
note I sent the email on the 16th and she couldn't even get the date/day right!)

"Our ref: BW T/11/16

18th October, 2005.

FAO Mr. <deleted>

Dear Mr. <deleted>,

Thank you for your e-mail of the 17th October from which I was very sorry to learn of the problems which you experienced in trying to view the Illuminations on Sunday last.

Weekends are very popular for trips through the lights and past years have proved that there is an upper limit for the number of vehicles that can be accommodated along the Promenade, regardless of what traffic management measures are put in place.

Inconsiderate parking causing obstruction is a serious problem and although evening restrictions have been introduced at the southern end of the Promenade, the regulations have not been successful in clearing the Promenade of parked vehicles. To introduce effective “No Waiting” regulations (double yellow lines) requires a total ban on parking throughout the day on both sides of the Promenade and this measure is not considered justified at the present time. Police manpower is also limited in enforcing restrictions and I regret that by law the Borough Council is no longer able to operate a one way system along the Promenade.

To try and improve travel time through the lights a recommended alternative route has been introduced to travel along the Promenade from north to south. Traffic monitoring has shown that in most conditions the time taken to travel from north to south has been reduced considerably and it is suggested using this route to help speed up travel time. Advisory signs have been erected at the south of the town informing motorists to expect delays at peak times when travelling south to north. In addition, a revised exit route has been introduced for traffic heading northwards towards Bispham and onwards to the M55 motorway and this has improved traffic flow during busy periods.

Blackpool is constantly striving to improve the flow of traffic through the lights and I thank you for writing with your comments as feedback from our visitors is invaluable to us. I can only apologise that your visit to Blackpool proved to be so disappointing on this occasion.

Yours sincerely,

Jane Seddon
Director of Tourism
"

Basically we were idiots for comming to Blackpool, what did we expect and its not their fault!

I have emailed back the following reply:-

"FAO Jane Seddon, Director of Tourism

Dear Ms Seddon,

A reply, but hardly an answer!

You will note that I have copied this to the councilors on the "Regeneration and Tourism Service Development Committee" as I feel it may be of interest to them! I am also attaching your letter to me for their reference.

Basically your saying 'its not our fault - were trying but we don’t care enough to do anything meaningful'

see:-

'To introduce effective “No Waiting” regulations (double yellow lines) requires a total ban on parking throughout the day on both sides of the Promenade and this measure is not considered justified at the present time'

So what your really saying to me, every member of the club I came with who also left (some after 4 hours of trying) - and all the other visitors who I saw turn round and leave - is we don’t matter enough for you to take the effective measures to cure the problem your well aware of.

As for:-

'Inconsiderate parking causing obstruction is a serious problem and although evening restrictions have been introduced at the southern end of the Promenade, the regulations have not been successful in clearing the Promenade of parked vehicles. '

Regulations never solved anything. Enforcement of regulations may solve issues...by your own admission you have introduced regulations that are either not enforced or are unenforceable - either way not exactly a glowing statement of competence by the council! I would have thought making them effective was the correct response rather than making excuses!

Perhaps if the provided parking was better organized (and not protected by those silly height limits) then you wouldn’t have such an issue - it was nightmare FINDING parking driving down the prom in the afternoon, let alone finding one we could get into (or out of!), the sign posting is farcical - and I regularly drive and park into the centre of major cities across the UK and abroad, so its not as though I am unfamiliar with finding parking in unfamiliar and complex road systems (like central London)!

When we look at:-

"Weekends are very popular for trips through the lights and past years have proved that there is an upper limit for the number of vehicles that can be accommodated along the Promenade, regardless of what traffic management measures are put in place."

Weekends are busy, well what a surprise! Well it isn’t to me but it appears to be to you?

Certainly there is an upper limit but being that we move 2/10's of a mile in two hours there wasn’t really much traffic moving anywhere - and I have it on first hand authority it carried on like that for the next two hours as well!

Basically what your saying to me (a visitor) - as far as I can make out - is that Blackpool does not have infrastructure, or that infrastructure is so badly managed that it cannot cope with, the (falling) visitor numbers it has - one wonders how it will cope with the increased visitor numbers that it is the councils stated aim to generate?

Maybe I am missing something but I expected that as 'Director of Tourism' you would reply with reasons why this Saturday night had had particular problematic and reassuring me that a return visit to see one of your principle tourist attractions would be a far more enjoyable experience and without some sort of exceptional problems, but it seems to me you have just told me that coming to Blackpool at the weekend is a silly thing to do and I should expect to have a horrendous time and it really is nothing to do with you or the council - perhaps this is the message you are trying to spread far and wide to recruit the rising number of visitors that the council is trying to gain?

Yours, in frustration

"

i also sent it to all the councilors on the tourism sub-commitee! And yes her attitude did titch me of a tad! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I suggest others do the same as they obviously don't take hacking people off as a serious matter - don't get mad...get writting!

Email addresses (all publicly published so no secrets here!)

tourism@blackpool.gov.uk
cllr.jon.bamborough@blackpool.gov.uk
cllr.tony.brown@blackpool.gov.uk
cllr.maxine.callow@blackpool.gov.uk
cllr.brian.doherty@blackpool.gov.uk
ifoxycon@blueyonder.co.uk
cllr.bob.harrison@blackpool.gov.uk
cllr.valerie.haynes@blackpool.gov.uk
allan.matthews1@btinternet.com
cllr.carol.radcliffe@blackpool.gov.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: