4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Plain Fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 21:19    Post subject: Plain Fun Reply with quote

Here's a few photos of me and a few friends from here and there having a bit of fun on Salisbury Plain dodging tanks Twisted Evil Hopefully some more to come...

Click on the picture to see the album...

or go to: http://imageevent.com/russpix/photos/salisburyplain91005

No vids this time as my batteries were flat Embarassed Teach me to charge it up after each use I guess Rolling Eyes
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 21:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

chiefie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooohhhhhhhh......muuuud Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

nice pics russ, not sure about the 3 point turn on pic 3 tho Rolling Eyes :? Laughing Laughing
Amy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canny pic's Russ .... L@@KS a bit like Weardale offroad Laughing
Just a qicky how do you keep MUD and WATER out of your airbox ???
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5779
1170cbx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 0:19    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

my boys do a 30k trip over the plains on their pushbikes so if your up there one day and a couple of kids on blue bikes come flying past you down one of the hills and give you the thumbs up you'll know who they are. Laughing
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy wrote:

Just a quicky how do you keep MUD and WATER out of your airbox ???
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5779

Well did you ever read the write ups after the Brighton/Slindon meet? 3 of us went thro some seriously deep mud and water including Eagles and myself. Now I believe, and I'm sure Steve (Eagles) will correct me if I'm wrong, that he had a loose fitting after-market air cleaner installed. Whereas I had a standard Mits cleaner. The Mits cleaner is a tight fit and I believe it seals out all the mud etc. Well it worked for me anyway Razz I took it apart after seeing photos of the others air boxes and sure enough there was loads of mud and water on the inlet side but none made it thro the filter 8)

But I'm glad you have reminded me as I must go out and check the beast when I get round to cleaning it sometime Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles has / had a K & N filter on :? not a good idea if your ever gonna do anything like that Shocked
Amy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, i understand what u r saying but when we went thro the ford we had an airfilter box full of water and the water got past the filter into the engine on one Deli. it was just say running with white smoke puffing out. the air filter was ringing wet, we mopped the filter box out so we could get home. everything was running fine once the airfilter was removed. i'm wondering if u've been lucky?!

just like to mention it to other people as there's plenty of pics of folk going thro water in Deli's, we reckon we were close to disaster. it'd b a good thing to check in the airbox after going thro the water (its seconds to remove 4 clips)
cheers
Tony
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see what you are saying and of course you are absolutely right. It's gotta be worth checking and Thanks for the timely reminder Rolling Eyes

Mind you, I didn't go through any really deep water on the plains :? It was only at Slindon that we got a bit carried away Twisted Evil But never the less a check will be done before I next use it Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony,
there should be a rubber drain in the bottom of the filter box(there is on the 300's and uk stuff), like a mushroom type thing, worth checking its not stuck itself to the box.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dug this photo out again to remind everyone how easy it is to fill the airbox with mud Shocked

It was taken a while after the Slindon meet and I think backs up what Amy (err 'Tony?) is saying about checking the box Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally got round to cleaning the beast... Air box 'A' okay, no mud got thro there at all Razz But as usual I had to put it up on the ramps in order to jet wash out all the nooks and crannies. :? All the suspension arms are hollow section which dig up and fill with soil Shocked Requires the use of an screwdriver or stick to prise out the mud before finishing with the jet wash Evil or Very Mad
Anyone who has taken their Deli seriously off road should check all these parts as they really do clog up!!! To do this you will need to remove the various SumpGuards (x3) etc
Don't forget to flush the outer cores of the radiator as well! (Not with a jet-wash but an ordinary hose to save damaging the fins) Wink

Anyway, whilst under the front, I found my Bash plate, which I've already repaired once is now totally mullered Evil or Very Mad

(Note: Missing fixing point (Bottom left corner) which has been ripped off) Shocked
I think a post in the 'Wanted' section is called for... Rolling Eyes

Click on picture for bigger version
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: