2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Freewheel switch/front wheel engage switch melted?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39    Post subject: Freewheel switch/front wheel engage switch melted?! Reply with quote

Hello,

This is on a 1995 L400 with super select 4WD.

I'm investigating an ABS light issue (code 32 - gsensor) and searching has also connected ABS faults to the CD switch and the freewheel switch. This made sense because when selecting 4WD the front wheels would flash green only.

Thought I'd go and check those switches out under the car for anything obvious and the loom to the freewheel switch is disintegrated!

Looks like I can't attach images only URLs to images, but it's clear that the loom took some serious current many years ago, the socket that plugs the body loom to the sensor tail is about 50% melted.

I will need to re-make the section of wiring from the 4WD ECU to the sensor, however the big question is why didn't do this? Is this heard of?!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TomA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking out loud, I think this may have been due to the wire not being secured and flipping on to the exhaust...

Now to find the good wire coming from the 4WD ECU and pick it up. Does anyone know where this wire will run between the 4WD ECU and the front diff engagement switch please? Which bulkhead/floor hole?

Cheers!
TomA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:50    Post subject: Free wheel engage switch - loom location/pickup? Reply with quote

Hello all,

My 1995 L400 Space Gear has super select but the free wheel engage sensor wires have gone (completely!).

I posted recently about the wire from the sensor likely catching on a wobbly exhaust and corroding away.

My question - does anyone know where I can I pick up the wires for this free wheel engage sensor in the engine bay? Or where do these 2 wires break out of the ribbed plastic trunking?
I need to remake the last bit of the loom and install a new switch and I really don't want to run a wire from the 4WD ECU above the gearbox to the front axle!

The wires from the sensor were so gone they were just green copper twigs and I can't see where they came from - no trace of anything on the black ribbed wire trunk over the gearbox, but access is limited.

(For anyone in the similar situation when I select 4WD the front wheel lights just blink, I guess because it can't confirm it's in position)

(Posts merged for continuity. Please don't split posts on the same issue to separate sections. It gets confusing with duplication of answers. ADMIN)
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this post will help you follow the cables from the ECU:-

2WD - 4WD Transmission (Switch Locations)

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
TomA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis,

Thanks for merging (lesson learned, appreciate it).

Your linked post has helped immensely with getting going on this work, had to also take out the diff lock engage switch and adjust/clean it. Thanks for making it!!

Unfortunately I can't see in the post where the wires for the freewheel switch physically break out of the black ribbed trunking which lay on top of the gearbox - I assume they come from there.

I guess if no one knows it has images it may be time to get a broken wire detector and sweep the area!

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: