2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

central locking issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidtourish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 19:38    Post subject: central locking issue Reply with quote

Any help would be appreciated on the following fault that has developed today on my 1995 L400 super exceed.

All of the central door locking system began to chatter on and off while stationary at a set of traffic lights, and after continuing it became more serious with definite switching on and off of an erratic nature, I can confirm that the auto mobile door locking still activates on and off at 12mph. This fault continued throughout the remainder of the 20 min journey until arriving home.

Once switched off, central locking with drivers door key confirmed to be okay locking and unlocking all doors as normal, and door operated drivers door master switch also as normal.

Short road test two hour's later ...all appeared to be okay, auto door locking at 12mph also confirmed to operate as normal. Confused

All advice greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 19:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

annek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

How odd!

This isn't a reply to the issue exactly, as you already tested the things I would have suspected, and hope that someone comes along with some answers for you soon.

I just wanted to comment on the autolock at 12mph?  How does this auto happen?  Did your vehicle come with this function already active?  Should all be doing that, or have you set it up to do that?  Sorry, just questions and not answers!

All I have to offer is some sort of shorting because of the behaviour you described, was it raining for instance.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fault is quite common to many makes and models, especially Ford's. Invariably it is down to one lock sticking and the system reports it isn't locked, so repeatedly tries to relock it, which first requires and unlock of the locked doors.
A liberal dose of moisture repelling lube may help.

The auto-lock function was an optional upgrade. all doors including the tailgate, lock at 20Km/h. It's mentioned on page 28 of the Owners Manual.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
davidtourish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis

Thanks for this information.  I had cleaned all of the door contacts on the sliding door, as that's the area that some strange noises were coming from when driving, and after that the fault was clear for a week or so, then it came back with a vengence!!

This was after about 30 minutes into our journey, that I think could have been caused by hitting a pothole in the road.  So, once parked up safely, (with the engine running) it again returned and by process of elimination, it would return, while stationary, establishing that holding onto the drivers door pull handle could get it to come on and off. Once the door switch console was removed the rear of the rocker switch was found to be loose, and could simulate the fault, just by moving the switch assembly about with the wiring loom still attached. the switch was cleaned with an aerosol contact cleaner spray, retaining screws retightened.

Reassembled and to date..... so far so Good.

Many thanks for your valued information, and appreciate your commitment to the club.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, and another solution to an ongoing isse with these aged Vehicles.  Very Happy

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this issue and I think that the door wi that controls the interior light was the issue as this tells the unit if the front doors are open. mine was the drivers side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: