4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 4M40 Glow plugs - two types ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyehog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 14:49    Post subject: L400 4M40 Glow plugs - two types ? Reply with quote

I have a dead glow plug in my 1994 L400 & ordered a new set off EBay from Mitzybitz . On coming to swap them over just now I see that the electrodes are a different shape on the new plugs, lacking the stepped shoulder of the old ones

https://imgur.com/kSKkcsW

The new plugs are HKT ones and checking their ‘e-catalogue’ it seems there are two varieties potentially fitted to this engine, the ME200970 stepped variety like my old ones (this being the part number cited on the pinned MDOCUK L400 parts list post) for which HKT supply an identically shaped plug number JPX-05 and Mitsubishi part number ME201638, for which HKT supply part number CP-05, which are the parallel electrode type I have received.

https://imgur.com/FdIkPmh

I have spoken to Mitzybitz & supplied them with my reg and they assure me that the CP-05, parallel electrode plugs they supplied are correct for my engine. They were, however, unable to advise me as to why there are two varieties of plug specified for the 4M40 engine and whether or not they are interchangeable.

Is anyone able to confirm whether or not these new plugs are okay before I fit them and risk bug***ing up my engine ?

Thanks very much.

Second Link corrected. Admin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 14:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find this older post useful reading:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=282898

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
skyehog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link Lewis.

Having done lots more digging I ‘think’ that the CP05 plugs I have ARE correct for the engine, despite their different appearance and that the other, JPX05 style offered by HKT are a ceramic plug which is double the price, though probably better…

I have taken a punt and fitted (two so far) of these parallel CP05 plugs and the van starts okay still but has retained its mysterious cold start misfire and white smoke clouds routine. I will attempt to fit the other two later today & if the issue persists it’s on with the process of elimination….
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: