4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Clearing ABS fault code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 18:22    Post subject: Clearing ABS fault code Reply with quote

Hi guys. Regular as clockwork my ABS goes wrong just before MOT due. Light stays on, the click I'd expect as the light goes out doesn't happen. Fuse is fine. I'm a bit concerned about relays as the horn relay has just been proven to have let me down, maybe another has gone too.

I haven't had a problem until now since I replaced a suspect ABS sensor and a mechanic managed to delete the fault codes. The original fault continued until the codes were deleted, I tried an overnight battery disconnect which DIDN'T clear the faults and the ABS continued to be at fault/disabled.

My question is; is there some way to reset/delete the fault codes by connecting the appropriate pins of the diagnostic connector? After all, that's all the code reader is doing.

I took the sensor out to give it a clean and found it had a beard of iron filings shorting the two magnetic contacts. I've cleaned it up and it now looks perfectly good. Slight problem was that it didn't come out in one piece, the metal sleeve stayed partly in the hub and all I pulled out was the internals. It looked perfectly good, no damage etc, no breaks in the copper wires, so I pushed it back in after cleaning. I'm wondering if I've done some unseen damage??

I expect I'll have to source a new sensor but would like to try a fault code reset in the meantime.

Cheers
RobH
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 18:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RobH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also; has anyone tried using a generic OBDII code reader to read/reset the ABS fault codes?? There's plenty of cheap ones about. I am aware that some posts say they don't work but I'm wondering if they'll work on mine which is a 2002 petrol V6 6G72 PD6W (I think). Bear in mind that an expensive generic code reader has worked to reset the codes in the past...
Thanks again...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the Aussie Delica Clu has used OBD2 successfully, so it may be worth joining their group to find out about it.

The club link is at the top of the page.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RobH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis.

I've been a member on the aus site for a few years actually. I'll give it a try, I think they have a few more V6 petrols over there, a bit rare over here...

Cheers

Rob
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to checking the ABS fault codes today.

I have:
11, front right sensor signal
12. front left sensor signal
15. wheel speed sensor
25. free wheel engage switch
51. valve relay.

I guess it's possible these are stored codes and don't currently apply, may have been a temporary fault. It's also possible that one code will imply another, ie. wheel speed sensor and wheel abs sensor are basically indicating the same fault. I had all these faults last time the ABS played up apart from 51. valve relay, I'm not sure where this is on a later V6 petrol model. More digging required Sad

Cheers
RobH
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, (as I know nothing about Delicas with ABS) I suspect the valve relay would be found in, on or near the main ABS unit where all the pipes go to.
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too far off Andyman Smile thanks.

I started pulling off the various relays and checking the Misti numbers on them. Looks like mine isn't the listed part for my model, maybe replaced at some point. I'm assuming it's the ABS relay I'm looking at. It's a metal item with 5 terminals, underneath the main relay 'tray' in the engine bay. there's also a couple of black plastic relays in the same area, these are defogger timer relay and 'special lamp' relay, whatever this is (spots?)

When I disconnect what I think is the ABS relay the ABS check light no longer illuminates, that's evidence enough for me. There's also a couple of what look like ABS solenoids in the same area.

Next step; anyone have a test data for the ABS relay? Might be easiest to replace with new/known good. It's a Denso part so not specific to Delica nor even Mitsi, shouldn't be too costly, but I'd like to test the suspect unit if it's not too tricky.

Cheers
RobH
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW it appears the ABS relay and the Starter relay are the same part number MB543175
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobH wrote:
BTW it appears the ABS relay and the Starter relay are the same part number MB543175

Ignore that. I think there's some incorrect information on the epc data site. It shows the latest ABS relay as being the same part number as the starter relay, the multi plug connector is the wrong configuration and won't fit the loom. Whether some models have a different loom connector and use MB543175 for ABS relay is unknown, my PD6W doesn't...

I'm struggling to find a replacement 056700-6930 / MB382267 either new or used, only seem to be available in Malaysia. If anyone has one I could borrow or buy it would be most helpful. Alternatively, if you know of a suitable replacement part it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: