Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Vandalised van - L300 second row glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancdelica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:27    Post subject: Vandalised van - L300 second row glass Reply with quote

Hi there,

Some lovely chap decided to put a brick through my off side middle window over Christmas! what a present!
Does anyone know anyone breaking an L300 or have any experience of replacing glass. I used to see loads online being broken but I'm seeing nothing at the moment.

I can only imagine Autoglass don't hold these in stock and I'm quite worried as to how to replace this as I can't see anything online.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jkeo44

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 22:14    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

Try Mitzybits online
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crap news, Matt. Slightly better news is that this window is the same size on any single-sliding door Delica L300, LWB or SWB. I think it is smaller on Australian spec Express vans, as it is fixed within a rubber seal, like the rear windscreen. Are there any breaking on Delica Mart, or Delica Mart Too? Also try Fil's Pajeros in Southampton and any big scrappers in Greater Manchester. I could even make a template for you so you could get one cut from acrylic/Perspex and the hinge/catch holes drilled. I don't think my laser cutter has a big enough bed, but  if you know a school or college technology teacher, it's a possibility.
ClockworkOwl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear about the vandalism.
If it's common across several models / exports, then it may be worth asking Mitsy themselves.
I suggest taking a folding stool and smelling salts however..  :~)
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Mark Giles had a set of glass for sale. Looks like it was sold, but longshot is the buyer replaced their existing glass, so may be worth an ask to see if the buyer has their old glass for sale
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1229750337575817/

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt, just wondered if you've had any luck with the glass yet? PM me, I seem to have lost your contact details.
adam.peddar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 20:07    Post subject: Re: Vandalised van - L300 second row glass Reply with quote

Have you found any replacement glass? I've got a bunch available, so let me know here or look on Facebook group for the parts & Van ad I put up recently.
Mancdelica

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the delayed reply. Yes I got it sorted thanks for asking. Luckily I remembered the chap who made me a new Alimunium radiator not too far from me is converting his L300 from glass to panel van (the opposite to what 99% of camper converters do  Laughing ) but luckily for me this meant he didn't want that panel. very lucky escape as I think it would have beeb hard otherwise.

Mitsubishi don't have them any more just as a heads up or in Japan either as far as I was told.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! the template and the links to other people selling was very much appreciated.
Mancdelica

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also that's really reassuring to read Adam as I was beginning to think that if this happens again, this would be the end of the road for the Deli. and over a piece of Glass too! Good to know there is others out there as being in inner city Manchester, I'm always scared when I leave it anywhere other than home to be honest.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted, Matt. There are loads of these vehicles all around the world, so you can always find parts if you hunt long and hard enough. The only problem these days, is sorting the genuine sales from the scammers. Best always to ask for an address and time to collect ( if in this country), and say you will collect in person. Just to check if they are faking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: