Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Sliding Door Won't Open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 18:54    Post subject: Sliding Door Won't Open Reply with quote

The sliding door is completely stuck closed, it's was perfectly fine yesterday, now its not! it's not corroded tracks, bearings, frozen etc, it's completely stuck closed whether I try from the inside or out, tried unlocking / locking etc, just won't open! Any ideas please? Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 18:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the inner panel off, to get access to the back of the lock and ensure the circlip holding the lock/ release rod has not come off.

If it has a d you do not have a spare circlip then a paperclip makes a good temporary fix.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

First to try - Disconnect battery, switch ALL electrical gear ON including Ignition switch. This will discharge any capacitors in the system.
Next - Switch OFF ALL electrics - Have Ignition key IN YOUR HAND With all doors CLOSED Reconnect  battery.
WARNING. DO this FIRST leave a door window fully OPEN, just in case (where fitted) the Auto door locking engages.

If that don't work - One problem I have found with the Auto close/lock system can be caused by low battery voltage,
try charging the battery - Which works for me - Even tho the engine will start without charging the battery:!:

Another trick that often works = Operate the Door Lock switch ON/OFF several times on the drivers door panel.

If all that fails - Then the side door card must be removed. The locking mechanism can be seen at upper rear of door.
Spray the mechanism with your favourite release agent (e.g. WD40) Especially the two micro switches.

If you've tried all the above, and door still refuses to open, there are other things that can be done -
If this is the case please leave the door card OFF.

Please say so on here, I can advise on what else to do

Mr D
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I was composing my suggestion, Lewis posted his remedial idea  Smile  - - - I did not think of that  Embarassed
Hopefully that could be your problem, which = easy fix - goodie  Very Happy

Mr D
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
So....
Took the door card off and things seem to be working correctly. It's as if the door has welded itself shut. It's solid!
Can't remove the bottom plastic step to have a look as the closed door means not enough room to lift it up.
I'm completely stumped.  Confused
Any ideas how I could remove the door maybe?
Thanks

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those photos are showing the door rods to be in the unlock position.

So I would now look at an issue with the rear door closure.  The left side of your second photo shows you have an electronic door closer installed with the central locking.

Obviously operating the door mounted unlock switch then lifting the door handle will move the rod across to open the hook keeping the door locked. with a manual system, which has no rear closer, just moving the rod sideways will release the lock. With the door closer there is an additional rod to move, which is done electrically.  The image below shows the electronic self closer unit at the bottom. The rod at the top is shown in the open position; if yours is the opposite way then move the lower one to push it upwards.

Recheck electrics, specifically the fuses for the door. But not just visibly; take out the central locking fuse and test it with a voltmeter to ensure power is passing through.

The one under the dash, which is a blue 15 amp blade fuse, is for the door lock relay:-

The relay itself is located to the left of the steering wheel on the same circuit board as the diagnostics connector. In the image below it is the one partly shown on the left with 227-4D2 printed on it:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've hit the nail on the head here again Lewis.
I take it I'm turning the black lever with the gold rod anti clockwise?
I've tried both ways and it is absolutely solid! so I'm assume something has seriously jammed within.
What would be my course of action here now then? Can that door closure unit be changed with the door in the closed position?
I suppose I could try disconnecting the rod, how does that white plastic rod retainer come out from the black lever?
Many thanks again.

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note your top photo:
Remove the circlip from the brass spindle and the whole, black plastic, section should come off.

ルイス
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Sesame!!

That was it! Seized solid! Just got to find a door closure motor. At least I can open it now!  Very Happy
Thank again everyone for all the help.

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try giving it a degunge and relube, then testing it off the vehicle, before buying a replacement.  Wink

ルイス
exarkun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.  I have a similar problem with my sliding door since someone slammed it shut!

The front edge of the door is unlocked and free.  It is also slightly ajar at the front edge.  This has the affect in that the electrical contacts do not meet so it is not getting any power or signals from the rest of the car.

The problem I have is that the rear end is stuck shut solid.  The black plastic cam is in the 10 oclock position.  I have released the metal rod from the plastic cam but pulling on it does not release the door mechanically.  

Is it possible that there is some motorised aspect holding it shut?  Are there any other suggestions?
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that's a strange one! For me, once I released the metal rod from the black plastic cam, it was it easy to move (push/pull) which released the rear lock and the door opened. I don't know what to suggest for you really. Are you able to move that Rod at all?
exarkun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.  With the rod detatched it moves freely.
exarkun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what each of the five contacts do on the sliding door?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: