2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Rear heater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merloch91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 16:31    Post subject: Rear heater Reply with quote

Hello one and all, got a problem with the rear heater not working.

So I acquired the Deli around a month ago and been tackling the many many issues, and have now swapped my leaky coolant pipes to the rear and flushed/fit the right coolant.

Anywho, trying to get it to blow and there is simply nothing, the dash “rear” button doesn’t illuminate, nor does the rear button (both ac buttons do despite it being decommissioned). So I have no heating in the rear what do ever.

I’ve checked fuses, all okay and I’ve started to strip the dash in the hopes it’s the button but cannot get it out for the life of me with those bizarre cable clips  Embarassed

So as well as asking how the blow do I remove that, is there any known cause for the rear buttons not illuminating or function (ie am I wasting my time getting the heater control out)?

Thanks in advance.

Ben
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 16:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, I assume you have the manual heater control system (not the electronic display type)

Those cable clips are a bit of a nuisance, BUT, find the right tool and they can be released reasonably easileeee  Very Happy

Been there, to change the olde fashioned bulb to LED to illuminate the slider control display.

I only fitted one LED, now know I should have fitted more than one  Sad

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:09    Post subject: Re: Rear heater Reply with quote

Merloch91 wrote:
.... is there any known cause for the rear buttons not illuminating or function (ie am I wasting my time getting the heater control out....

Front Dash unit REAR button lights up when pressed to show rear section controls are being operated from front unit.

If rear cabin control unit is not operating, then check connector (Behind Panel) is properly connected.

To remove cover, for access to control unit, slightly raise rear end, then slide backwards.
Use a flatbladed screwdiver or panel remover, slightly offset from central:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Merloch91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
Ben, I assume you have the manual heater control system (not the electronic display type)

Those cable clips are a bit of a nuisance, BUT, find the right tool and they can be released reasonably easileeee  Very Happy

Been there, to change the olde fashioned bulb to LED to illuminate the slider control display.

I only fitted one LED, now know I should have fitted more than one  Sad

Mr D

Yes the manual one, got one off but the bigger at the back isn’t playing and I can’t quite reach it even with the radio out  Embarassed

Tbh it may not even be the problem!
Merloch91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 23:03    Post subject: Re: Rear heater Reply with quote

Well I broke the cover  Embarassed

All seemed connected, but for arguments sake I’ve ordered a switch from mitsybits just in case (was ordering anyway and thought for £9 might as well eliminate that)

Neither the button on the dash nor the rear button illuminates, nor is there any function to the back. I want it running before winter really so trying to tick as many jobs off my list as I can  Laughing

So the aircon buttons work front and back despite being decommissioned, therefore the look “should” be okay?

I also snapped the little plastic screw bleeding the system with the new pipes to the rear so need to source an alternative that’ll fit too (Doh!).

Cars throwing me some real curve balls!
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben.
If it helps, the "Bleeding" screw may be a 10mm diameter by 1mm pitch thread.

Your profile shows engineering, should be easy for you to "knock up" a bolt/screw.

I'm equipped to do that - in most materials.

Mr D
Merloch91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually going to do just that, except instead of make one just ask for one from the stash 😂 we work in stainless or plastic so as long as we have the right pitch etc should be good. I did also see somewhere it’s m12x15 1.5 thread, so I planned on checking before asking 😂
Merloch91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little update to close off the thread, I got a secondhand motor and switch from mitzybits, wasp per out the switch first while I was tinkering with other bits, solved the issue completely  Very Happy

So I have a spare motor for when that inevitably fails  Laughing

For the bleed screw, I measured up and it was m12 with a 1.5 pitch, managed to source a brass plug which comes with a seal built into the hex head- so that’s now working nicely too!

I’ve also swapped the radio for touch screen, ran a cable for a reverse camera (taking the headlining off was fun!) and now I’m just splicing it into the reverse lights. Anyone know what size cable the reverse lights are? The cables really brittle and I need to extend it slightly as everytime I strip it I get strands coming with the insulation so want to extend it slightly so it isn’t pulling (or I just solder in some 1.5mm house cable and hope for the best  Laughing )
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiring diagrams, etc can be downloaded from my BOX folder:- https://app.box.com/s/qloifo9gwywcystkyvfjyn3vmz3krz5p

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Merloch91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re an absolute gem as always! Thanks Lewis!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: