Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Recomended Garage in the Surrey Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eolos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 14:52    Post subject: Recomended Garage in the Surrey Area Reply with quote

First Service on my Delica 3.0L petrol is due and need to do a basic checkup. I have a few other questions regarding potential switch of disk brakes due to a wobble while braking. A garage with experience in the Delicas is what I would like know. I can travel a bit if needed. Based near Woking Surrey.
Any pointers are much appreciated!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 14:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The braking wobble is often caused by warped disk.

Also corrupted/damaged tyres.

Mr D
eolos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see is it an issue? Do I need to change disks?
Also back to my original question any garage around in surrey?
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would not want to continue driving a vehicle with warped or uneven thickness discs (this can be caused by a build up of rust where the pads have been in contact with the disc in one place because the vehicle has been parked up for a while) As well as being unpleasant, the wobble can speed up wear in steering and suspension joints. Also check for play in the wheel bearing by jacking the wheel off the ground, grasping it at the top and bottom, and trying to rock it in and out. Only 2mm or 3mm play measured at the tyre shoulder is acceptable.
eolos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes totally agree. As I now be having head gasket issues ( potentially) white smoke cones out when start from cold for about 30 secs then turns transparent,  really need a garage someone can recommend. I'm based near the Surrey Woking area. Thanks
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

eolos

The White smoke may be water vapour from the exhaust warming due to cold weather,
quite normal for any device that burns gas or liquid fuel onto a cold surface.

Brake discs, I have re-surfaced many brake discs, and brake drums - Free "While You Wait" service to Delica members.
I no longer remove the components, that's your job  - Please Read next lines -

I have been known to like a wee err large dram O Whisky  Wink

Delica chat and info for good campsite way North of Watford Hertfordshire is mandatory  Very Happy

Mr D
eolos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a snif test and after leaving it running over 20 mins it remained Blue!!! Very Happy
As I had a leak from the plastic expansion tank I finally got the time to fit the all aluminium expansion tank from tigweld 4u.  It looks and performs great. Not sure how to attach photos here so that I can show it off. .After I pressure tested the coolant system now with the new expansion tank,
@0.9 bar it held pressure which means that the leak was most probably from the expansion tank. Or I least that's what I want to believe. Next step is to upgrade to the tigweld4u better speced radiator. The more I don't find a garage the more involved I get in getting things done my self. I wouldn't tackle though replacing disc brakes.... Is it easy?
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is less easy than on most cars - I'm sure there must be a "How to" on here somewhere - perhaps Lewis can point you to it. Try doing a search on the L400 specific and brakes sections.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

eolos wrote:
.....  Not sure how to attach photos here so that I can show it off.....

This post tells you how to add photos:-   http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12958

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
I believe it is less easy than on most cars - I'm sure there must be a "How to" on here somewhere -

Change brake discs - To me same as any car.

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
I believe it is less easy than on most cars - I'm sure there must be a "How to" on here somewhere - perhaps Lewis can point you to it. Try doing a search on the L400 specific and brakes sections.

Well... There is this one, by Deker, that you posted on in 2019:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50271

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I thought - more complex than most cars which only need the two countersunk screws removed (if fitted). However, I had  bit of a fight with a neighbour's Clio this week, as he'd succeeded in chewing up the screw heads.
Deker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
andyman wrote:

Well... There is this one, by Deker, that you posted on in 2019:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50271

Lewis, your search skills are amazing  Idea - How do you do it  Question

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: