Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Mystery electrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierre
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 20:20    Post subject: Mystery electrics Reply with quote

Trying to sort out the wiring and electrics on my L400 LWB - I think a previous owner was a lumberjack who liked knitting.
Making progress but now stumped.
I found very short remains of a burnt out wire at the under dash junction box, I have yet to find the rest of the cable. The wire is in connector C-75, second one in from the left, back row, indistinct colour as the insulation is shrivelled.
Currently no sidelights and low voltage (3.6v) in circuits to the cigarette lighter and clock.
Can anyone help please?
Regards to all
P

Delica Super Exceed LWB PF8W
Suzuki Grand Vitara V6
Sunbeam Tiger 289
Benelli 750 SEI
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 20:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen  this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50650

It should tell you what the fuse is used for.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Pierre
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis and thanks for email.

I had previously searched through the forums and found the article, then printed it to help when circuit testing.

It seems the vehicle wiring can differ from the wiring diagrams, which doesn't help.

All fuses have been checked both electrically and visually, nothing untoward found. Using a tone generator to trace for broken wires but nothing found so far, apart from the one at connector C-75.

For some reason, both parking pole LEDs came on with the ignition - no other circuits were activated. I couldn't trace a power source, no current detected by my cheapo multimeter.

Would the shining LEDs indicate a low current path to earth? But not the low voltage on some circuits.

So it's back under the dash, recheck, recheck and look for bad earth points everywhere. I might try feeding 12v from a spare battery directly into the sidelight circuit and see what happens.

Wait for a bright flash and loud bang in middle England.

Kind regards

P

Suzuki Grand Vitara V6
Sunbeam Tiger 289
Benelli 750 SEI
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same Parking pole issue, with LED’s, at the Wood Farm meeting. In my case they came on, dully, when the ignition was on, and like you, no light circuits had been switched on.

Pondering on it with Ian (Fostlongstrider), we came to the same conclusion that it was down to the tiny current they required.  I stripped them out and fitted in some 12V 2W super bright tailed lamps and they functioned as per normal.

NB: I reckon whomever designed the wiring looms for Mitsubishi was a closet sadist.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Pierre
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saga continues.

I found a defunct relay in the engine bay fuse box. According to the wiring diagram I have, the relay was for the non-working side/tail lights. Yippee I thought, new relay will sort problem.

Wrong! Installed new relay but still no lights.

Traced wiring using tone generator and multimeter, wiring continuous across the various lights, voltage okay so try another relay.

Still no lights. Tried linking the contacts in the relay socket with a short section of wire and BINGO!. The intercooler fan started.

Back to searching the internet for help. Eventually found out that wiring/relay combinations vary across production years, model grades and markets and my alleged side-light relay really was for the intercooler fan.

Being unsuccessful in finding an appropriate wiring diagram, can any one please help?

Regards to all,

P

Suzuki Grand Vitara V6
Sunbeam Tiger 289
Benelli 750 SEI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: