4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Exhaust replacement options 3.0L Petrol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:12    Post subject: Exhaust replacement options 3.0L Petrol Reply with quote

Hi guys.

My exhaust has been regularly breaking off its mounts since I've owned the vehicle (six years) it's been tacked back together a number of times but now I think it's time to bite the bullet and replace it. It still looks like new from the rear box back (i.e. the visible part) but from the rear box forward it's not pretty. There's a few pinholes formed, thick layers of rust and, as mentioned, the metal mounts are all but gone. It makes annoying squeaky noises over speed bumps.

Apart from having a stainless system built in situ - which I'd rather avoid due to cost and the fact I'm only expecting to get another couple of years out of the old girl (2002), are there any aftermarket options available in the UK? Would a Pajero or Shogun system fit for example?

Thanks in advance.

RobH
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fintious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to replace mine and struggled to find anything other than main dealer exhaust which was a six week delivery from Japan or a custom built stainless job. Custom was far cheaper than a Mitsi exhaust
RobH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That's more or less what I was expecting. It's an expensive month for my Delica Sad almost £300 road tax to pay as well as my suspension/steering issues to resolve.

What's the expected current cost of a stainless system? I had a twin system built on my 300ZX about 15 years ago, cost about £450, I'm guessing I won't get much change out of £500 for the Delica with increasing steel and labour prices??
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay my road tax by monthly direct debit. If the vehicle comes off the road, or isn't needed, I SORN it and cancel the DD. Spreads the load a bit.
fintious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of cost for a stainless, mine was about £800 to do the flexi section to the back box. Not cheap but will outlast the car…
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strewth!  Shocked

My complete custom made stainless exhaust only cost £260.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon the best option is to drive up to the garage Lewis used, have a camp out while the weather is still warm, and you're on to a winner.  Idea
fintious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Strewth!  Shocked

My complete custom made stainless exhaust only cost £260.

Blimey, that’s a great price. I had the flexi section done after the rest and that alone was £250 - was quoted £650 from Mitsi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: