4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Heater Fan weirdness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exarkun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 15:09    Post subject: Heater Fan weirdness Reply with quote

So... My internal fan has decided to go haywire!  I was on my morning commute today with the heater / fan turned off.  It's the one with the digital display.

Suddenly the fan came on without warning.  

The digital display was blank and for all intents and purposes it was turned off.  

I tried turning on the heater controls then turning it off again but it wouldn't go off.  In fact, with the fan controls off I noticed that the fan speed is actually more powerful than the MAX position from the controls.

Any suggestions on where to start my investigations?

Many thanks as always.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 15:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasping at straws here, but is there an auto mode that means it would start on its own? My Rover 75 had an auto demist cycle as soon as it had started which included blasting the windscreen with electrically heated air. Useful, but at times, annoying!
exarkun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately it isn't that.  Something is jiggered!

It is a bit intermittent now.  Sometimes if I turn the unit on, the controls will work as desired.  I can turn the fan speed up and all the way down to zero and it responds as you would expect.  Sometimes it just ignores the speed I set it to.  The other controls work as they should, it's just the fan speed that is all over the place.

Sometimes it goes back to normal and I can turn it off but most of the time the fan is just on and I cannot turn it off.

I might start having a poke around at the weekend but unfortunately time is a rare commodity at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: