Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Help! Sliding door won’t stay locked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AWG81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 14:02    Post subject: Help! Sliding door won’t stay locked! Reply with quote

Hi all, I’m having a weird problem with my sliding door. Even when it’s locked (the knob is down) I can still open the door from the outside. It doesn’t matter how I lock it, the knob stays down but the door opens. All the other doors lock and unlock fine and the central locking works. I’ve taken the door card off but can’t see anything obviously wrong.

I’m travelling in the van at the moment and really need to lock the van! Any thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers, Andrew
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 14:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the opposite problem when unlocking with the central locking (key in driver's door) The knob doesn't quite go far enough up sometimes, so the outside handle can't open the door.  I suspect wear in the rod connections is causing a lack of movement at the other end of the linkage in both cases. In my case, I just open the front passenger door, put my hand through beside the seat and pull the knob right up.
In your case, locking should disconnect the outside handle from the lock mechanism ( I have no idea how this is done) so pulling on the handle doesn't connect with the lock mechanism.
AWG81

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, and sorry for the slow reply, I've been out of reception since I posted. I did manage to sort this with a lot of fiddling and moving things back and forward - I'm not sure what but something was obviously seized and the door handle was not disconnecting from from the lock mechanism. Other than the lock issue I'm very happy with my L300 as I've just driven 3000 miles around Scotland without a hitch! Thanks, Andrew
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted. Can't be too careful with all those wild Scotsmen about! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: