Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Water pump by pass pipe - which one!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AWG81

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 13:20    Post subject: Water pump by pass pipe - which one!? Reply with quote

Hi all - I have to get hold of a water pump bypass pipe for my L300. I've been looking for the parts and it seems there are two different ones. One with a little pipe that comes off the main pipe and one without. My Mitsubishi dealer has given me a part number and the picture this brings up is the one WITH the little pipe coming off the main pipe. But I've had a look at the pipe in my van and I can't see that little pipe anywhere. I have to order the part from Japan so I want to make sure I'm getting the right one!

Where does that little pipe go? Is it to the turbo?

Part number for one with little pipe: MD370162

Part number for the other one: MD370163

Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 13:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ClockworkOwl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see, the one with the extra pipe on is for later models that had a watercooled turbo.
 From the manuals it looks like the return from the turbo...
  I'd be looking to get the right part, who knows what else was changed between models.

Hope that's helpfull...
Pete
Mancdelica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it helps but mine was without that pipe and it's a 1993 TD. if you can't see it on yours I'd suggest getting the same one.
AWG81

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the help. My local Mitsubishi dealer was adamant that I needed the one with the little pipe based on my chassis number so that's the one I've got. Fingers crossed he is right!

Next I need to figure out what's involved in replacing the pipe and how much I need to take off to get access. It looks like a very fiddly job.
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least if you have the item with the little pipe, and otherwise they are the same, if that bit doesn't have anything to connect to, you can just block it off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: