Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

25 year (Plus or Minus a few years) Delica anniversary

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 21:44    Post subject: 25 year (Plus or Minus a few years) Delica anniversary Reply with quote

alfagunner (Steve) has suggested to me - a 25 year (+/- a  few years. (As in the subject heading)) Delica anniversary meet.

Meaning all Delica's within that age range - What's a few years twixt friends  Question  Smile

The last big meets were, two in 2009, Rhiw, Wales, and 2011 Salisbury. Yes, I went to all three  Smile

In the hope, and assuming that Covid Lockouts have been binned.

I'll be the wrong side 80 in the Summer, I'm up for a BIG meet -
Could be my last meet  Sad   Although nothing planned for it not being my last meet  Wink

Also Steve suggested that Andy, being ofee (spelling ?) with fb put a post on there - - Andy  Question

It would have to be mid British Mainland, IMO for a campsite that's large enough = Coniston Hall.
If someone knows better, please advise.

Mr D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 21:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coniston Hall re-opens around May 17th, according to their website (subject to the plague staying under control!)
But having seen the mess illegal campers have made of Langdale's remote beauty this weekend (again, and despite the travel ban),
I suspect the disappointed Ibiza crowd will land in number at sites like Coniston Hall and turn them into Glastonbury on steroids all through this summer,
and the Lake District roads are likely to be hell. Some may like that . . . !
A better solution may be to hire the corner of a farmer's field or other private bit of land,
but toilet and washing facilities may prove difficult, likewise getting enough Deli owners to commit and pay to ensure the hire fee is covered.
Now we are all allowed to travel, I will be monitoring the Lake District in different places at different times, and looking for suitable private sites.
My fears may prove unfounded.

Anyone who knows of any such suitable sites, the more central, the better (and the Lake District is hardly central!) please join in. Perhaps we'll end up spoilt for choice!
illegitimo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 20:18    Post subject: Au Fait Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
ofee (spelling ?)

Mr D

I think that has to be 'au fait', Derek.

Any road, (by the way),  I think you might have made an error with the number in that PM. Also, there's a farmer on the river Dart that let's out a field, on the river with services. It's also adjacent to a beauty spot with swimming. There's also three Hotels not far from it.
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Coniston Hall re-opens around May 17th, according to their website
(and the Lake District is hardly central!)

From the top of Scotland to The Lakes = <> 300 miles.

Continue from The Lakes to South West Coast = <> 300 miles.

illegitimo wrote:
Also, there's a farmer on the river Dart

For the Northern members, that is in South Devon, near Torbay, colloquially known as The "English Riviera"
Long way to go for Scottish members  Rolling Eyes

Easy for me, have visitors knowledge of that area, wife liked holidays in Torquay, Dawlish - Black Mills, N. Devon etc.
Mid 1990's stayed at a friends residence, Lympstone near Exmouth.

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that suggestion illegitimo, I've been looking for a good excuse to visit the South West and your site is definitely worth putting in the hat. Interestingly and a propos (while we're speaking French) of Deker's observation, AA routeplanner calculates 415 miles Thurso, nr John O' Groats to Coniston, and Coniston to Dartmouth 360miles, so if you add on Cornwall, Coniston would indeed be pretty much central (but not in terms of Delica population distribution!)
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a mere youngster  - only 17 years in for ownership... Laughing  but the van is 33 years old this year  Shocked

I can't commit to anything, but will come if I can.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
illegitimo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Thanks for that suggestion illegitimo, I've been looking for a good excuse to visit the South West and your site is definitely worth putting in the hat. Interestingly and  a propos (while we're speaking French) of Deker's observation, AA routeplanner calculates 415 miles Thurso, nr John o' Groats to Coniston, and Coniston to Dartmouth 360miles, so if you add on Cornwall, Coniston would indeed be pretty much central (but not in terms of Delica population distribution!)

I thought I'd add the google maps coordinates, in case anyone is curious, or they are travelling through. It's a fabulous place to camp, if you don't mind roughing it a bit...Huccaby farm, it's called.

google.co.uk/maps/@50.5417684,-3.889741,218m/data=!3m1!1e3
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illegitimo, I copied & pasted your coordinates into street view, didn't work, so I
truncated the coordinates to 50.5417684,-3.889741 to make it work.

Is the phone number 01364 631 533  Question  And the farm opposite St. Raphael's Church  Question

Mr D
alfagunner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very nice spot.

Deker the link worked for me and there is a St Raphael's church nearby...I'll be in there praying Andyman books up nice weather....for once hehe.  Laughing

Now my Deli has a new timing chain, new head gasket and new cylinder head and a fresh mot I'll go anywhere... except the mother in laws  Rolling Eyes
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a lovely area, - just trying to work out which is the actual camp site; behind the church, or other side of the road, next to the river?
illegitimo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Looks a lovely area, - just trying to work out which is the actual camp site; behind the church, or other side of the road, next to the river?

The main site is the field adjacent to the river and the overflow site is the large field above the church. The area is certainly one of the best on the moor. Just over the hill is Holne and the roads down to Ashburton and Buckfastleigh with the famous Buckfast abbey and steam railway to Totnes., so very easy access to the A38 too.
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would be my longest trip in the Deli! two days to get there (comfortably) and  the same going back. It would be a shame not to visit the surfing beaches of Cornwall, if only to pose with a surfboard and the ultimate surf-bus! On the other hand, Cornwall will be rammed this summer, and I suspect the roads and the litter will be at least as bad as the Lake District. But that part of Devon looks like it might be overlooked by the tourist hordes.
illegitimo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
Illegitimo, I copied & pasted your coordinates into street view, didn't work, so I
truncated the coordinates to 50.5417684,-3.889741 to make it work.

Is the phone number 01364 631 533  Question  And the farm opposite St. Raphael's Church  Question

Mr D

Yes, Deker, that's the phone number all right, the farmhouse is situated right opposite the church. Property up there is usually owned and leased out by the Duchy of Cornwall. Another great thing about that area is 'the Forrest inn', which is just up the road with plenty of car park, but very few customers! Only five rooms, dogs and horses welcome! They have a write up about Huccaby farm campsite and the church on their website, according to them, ' it has the distinction of being the only Anglican chapel in the country to be dedicated to the Archangel St. Raphael.' His name means 'God's Healing'. He is also known as the patron saint of travellers.

forestinndartmoor.co.uk/nearby.html
illegitimo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Well it would be my longest trip in the Deli! two days to get there (comfortably) and the same going back. It would be a shame not to visit the surfing beaches of Cornwall, if only to pose with a surfboard and the ultimate surf-bus! On the other hand, Cornwall will be rammed this summer, and I suspect the roads and the litter will be at least as bad as the Lake District. But that part of Devon looks like it might be overlooked by the tourist hordes.

I took a trip up to Scotland in my Deli, a couple of years ago, to collect a caravan that I had foolishly purchased on the auction site. I took what I thought was plenty of petrol blended wvo, in cubies, but I still had to fill up twice, with diesel! It just never seemed to end. I hardly noticed the caravan but it would probably would have been cheaper to get it transported.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read the Trip adviser reviews about the place:-Trip Adviser Huccaby Farm

Two good reviews and two which are not. The review by Soma is enlightening:-

"The man running the place is vile! Yes its a lovely locaction but the day we arrived Dave turned up and just started having a go at our group. He was simply a angry little bully with the emotional intelligence of a 3yr old!
Theyve double their prices to £10 per person this year and try to charge day visitors £5. There are no showers, rubbish collection and only two toilets to cover two fields of campers. This coupled with obnoxious owner spoil what is great location."

A Comment by 'rwelfare' puts it out of the running for me:-

"The toilets and showers are across a cobble wall with rickety fence, over a very small stream and up some sleeper type wooden walkways to the farm house where toilets and showers can be found.
Definitely not wheelchair friendly, probably not old people friendly, even more possibly not friendly to anyone if wet. "

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame! Oh well, Derek, have you found anywhere else suitable?
Deker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me Andy, blame illegitimo, his suggestion  Rolling Eyes

Think I agree with Lewis - on this site  Sad

Mr D
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who remembers the 2011 Salisbury meet  Question

I remember, Ange (who proposed the site) Link http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266063#266063
Baz, Les, Ian & many others being there.

For members travelling from up "Norf" it’s over 100 miles closer than the farm site suggested by illigitomo.
And, for L, the facilities are civilised.

Here is the link http://www.summerlandscaravanpark.co.uk/contact-us/

andyman wrote:
Well it would be my longest trip in the Deli! two days to get there (comfortably)

Well now Andy, over 100 miles less, you might get there in one day  Smile

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at their Tariffs for last year:- http://www.summerlandscaravanpark.co.uk/tariff/  Shocked

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a couple of days with the New Forest crew before joining in at Salisbury on the way home.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: