4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Battery reconnect and now beeping!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warringtonjack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 18:04    Post subject: Battery reconnect and now beeping! Reply with quote

Hi guys.

So, I've picked up a recent import 2005 Space Gear with the 3l v6 engine. I've been having problems with Idle (another post shortly), so tried a reset by disconnecting the battery. So having reconnected the battery, I now have an annoying beep coming from the dash. It beeps twice really quickly, every couple of seconds or so. And it does it regardless of whether the keys are in the ignition or not. Any ideas what it could be because it drives me mad!

Cheers

Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being honest, I've no clue on this exact issue, but owned a Peugeot 306 once and if I disconnected battery with doors locked, and manually unlocked them with the key, it  would flash lights on the dash and stay immobilised, when battery reconnected until I relocked doors, and used fob to open them with. It was a fairly primitive system, but did weird things.

Might be worth trying messing about with what's locked or not when reconnecting?

2005 is a new model for me!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The noise is coming from the beeper that is fixed to the rear of the circuitboard the fusebox is attached to.

It has several functions ranging from the gearbox being in reverse, lights on with the doors open, door open with keys in dash.
It could be down to a faulty press switch.

You need to check each door and tailgate to see if pressing in the switches turn it off, when all the other doors are shut.

Also check that nothing electrical ks turned on; effectively it is telling you there is a battery drain somewhere.

You can of course pit some Blue-tack in the opening of the beeper to muffle it, or even remove it from the board. However that will not correct the isse that is causing the problem.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you sorted the idle issue yet? What is/were the symptoms?
Warringtonjack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Not sorted the idle issue yet. I'll post up a separate thread on that. The good news is I've managed to get that scoring beeping to stop! I spent a while turning everything on and off, and in the end, it was putting the drive selector into low range 4th gear stopped it. Who knew.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think that was the beep of an old Deli like most of us have on here?

Maybe that is something on newer models?

You've possibly freed up a sticky contact.

I thought it sounded like an immobiliser, alarm issue... What do I know. 😃

Always good to hear what's happening with the modern kids.  Very Happy
Warringtonjack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yeah. I swapped my 91 L300 Super Exceed for a slightly more refined 2005 Space Gear.
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my '91 L300 Super Exceed. Just the usual wear and tear parts, but otherwise very reliable and cheap to maintain. Wife just got a £1,000 bill on her Merc. Broken plastic bell-crank for the manifold tumble flaps in the manifold and a MAF sensor. As the bell crank shaft was stiff due to carbonising, they just changed the manifold, complete with feeble plastic bellcrank, a known weakness on these. (Perhaps they've not heard of WD40 or caustic!) There's an aftermarket ally bellcrank that can be fitted; cost about £38. But it's not a genuine (crap) Mercedes part, so they won't use it. I wonder whether it will last long enough to get them out of warranty liability (ie a year + a day)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: