Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Price for a reconditioned engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgstr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 19:14    Post subject: Price for a reconditioned engine Reply with quote

Hi, had problems with the 2.8 4m40 engine. Had the head done and then realised there was a clonking noise everytime the crank was turn over with the head off.  Dropped it off at an engine reconditioning garage. They have come back with a quote of £1750 + vat to recondition the bottom end of the engine and fit the new head. My question is, does the price sound about right? Thanks Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 19:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in your position I would sell your reconditioned head, and buy a good running engine from an MOT failure.

There are often rotten chassis failures with good engine and box on eBay and gumtree, one went last week for £400 for the whole thing.

There are places in and around Heathrow who claim to supply and fit recon 4m40T engines for £1250 plus vat but I know no one who has had the work done.
mgstr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, but it's my sons Delica and he wants to go traveling abroad later on in the year. He wants a engine he can trust, you just don't know what you are buying second hand and the heads are prone. He bought it from ebay, weeks later we realised the head was gone, but the underneath of the Delica is still like new. Thanks Mike
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosa sez "There are places in and around Heathrow"

Many years back, there was a company (if I remember correctly) The Heathrow engine  Question  Question

They had a terrible reputation. Dunno what the situation is these years.

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: