4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Fuel filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurArthur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 22:07    Post subject: Fuel filter Reply with quote

Hi

I`ve spent several days looking for topic of any fuel filter replacement.
I`m sorry but couldn`t find so started new topic.
Please, if I missed it, point me there, if not, what other filters are compatible
with the one of 3 Litre V6 petrol?
The original ones are not available atm.

Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 22:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUEL-FILTER-MITSUBISHI-Delica-L400-Space Gear-PF6W-3-0-94-06/383493794366?hash=item594a02ea3e:g:gzMAAOSwADZfWGPp

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
ArthurArthur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, you are always helpful!
JimmyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this been okay for your 3L V6 petrol?
For some reason they list it with the LWB reference PDFW

I haven't started looking for mine yet, but I'd like to replace all the fluids and filters as it's a new import.
Was there a trick for bleeding the air (obvious on the diesel)?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyG wrote:
Has this been okay for your 3L V6 petrol?
For some reason they list it with the LWB reference PDFW

If it fits the engine of the LWB then it fits the engine on the SWB. It’s not the vehicle length that counts, just the engine.

I’ve been using up spare filters from various agricultural and mining vehicles, which we service. There are so many, produced in the same factories then custom labelled for multiple OEM’s, which are effectively the same item.  Some very expensive oil and fuel filters produced for high end excavators are the same as those used on low cost machinery, at a fraction of the price. Having bought shed loads of clearance items from a bankrupt wholesaler it’s obvious you are often just paying for the name on the label.

You will though find some Chinese items are not as good a quality as the samples the seller supplied the wholesaler. Some of the more obvious of those are droplinks and wishbone bushes. Unfortunately some made for the lighter Shogun/Pajero/Montero are advertised for the Deli, but are not up to the task.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re- what Lewis said. Euro Car Parts bought the Crosland brand, but not the factory. Their filters are sourced from Chinese factories and are of variable levels of dubious quality and fit, trading on the previous good name of the UK company.
JimmyG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, always helpful things to know.

I've been buying my filters from Milners up to now, and have done well enough with them (but they don't offer this petrol fuel filter listed by Mitzi Bitz). I've used Forte oil flush and Forte fuel treatment every time I do a change. All my experience up to now has been with the 4M40 engine. The 3L V6 petrol will be something new to learn. I like the prospect of more response on tap when required.....but may live to regret moving over from the diesel which seems almost bullet-proof. I know it's going to be a thirsty devil unless I'm very gentle with the right foot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: