4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Camping hook up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fintious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 16:12    Post subject: Camping hook up Reply with quote

Hi all,  I’m wanting to install a 230v hook up for when we go camping - Two (kids) will be in the tent and me and Missus in the Deli. I’ve bought one of those camping electric hook ups with the RCD and three sockets and was thinking that I’d install a proper hook up plug in the rear side panel and wire the sockets from that. I can’t find a suitable place to house the sockets though. Was originally going to adapt one of the rear panels - where the Jack is or the other side but there won’t be enough room there. I’m sure plenty have done similar before so looking for suggestions (and pics if possible)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 16:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there room in the rear, lower quarter panel? (Behind the wheel arch and below floor level?)
fintious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not the actual plug in connector unit that I can’t work out where to house, it’s where to fit the sockets/rcd unit
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fitted a high level shelf/storage unit spanning the width of the van above (fixed to) the rear grab handles. The maximum height above the shelf is around 160mm on the high roof L300, so I could (if I was doing what you are) fit a facia above the shelf into/onto which to fit the sockets etc., with plenty of space behind for cables, connecters or equipment depth. As it is, my shelf is about 400mm deep, accessible from both front and rear. Otherwise, where you put it may depend on your camper/bed arrangement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: