Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

ULEZ compliance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richjp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 16:52    Post subject: ULEZ compliance Reply with quote

Does anyone here know if a 3.0L V6 petrol from 2003 is ULEZ compliant or not? I am seeing different things.......

Reason I ask is I am seeing different things when I check two different 3.0L V6 petrols.......
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 16:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

b3lha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to look into this a while back. It's very hard to find any official guidance because it seems like the authorities haven't really thought all the issues.

As far as I understand it, the vehicle needs a "Euro4" type approval certificate to be allowed in the ULEZ.

Vehicles made for the European market have to go though an (expensive) type approval process before they are allowed to sell them in Europe.
Whether any individual vehicle actually meets the emissions requirements is irrelevant. The important thing is that the vehicle type must have been put through the certification by the manufacturer or importer.
It is rumoured that the specific vehicles that the importers submit for compliance testing may not be totally identical to the ones that end up for sale to the public. But that is another story. Wink

The Euro4 standard came in 2005, so no vehicle older than that will have been put through Euro4 type approval process.
As far as I know, the Delica has never been officially imported into Europe, so even the later ones don't have any Euro type certification.
Even if there was an officially imported Delica, I think the applied model code on the VIN plate would have to match in order for them to be considered "the same type of car".

So unfortunately, JDM imports will not be allowed in the ULEZ without paying a ridiculously high fee. Personally, I'm not willing to pay that much to go into London. I'll spend my money elsewhere.
richjp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - I am finding more or less the same thing you say. The weird thing is that the 2005 V6 I had last year was for sure not compliant according to the checker. However, it was written off a a few months ago I acquired a 2003 V6. This is coming up as compliant. Could this be simply that it was only registered with DVLA three months ago?

The other annoying thing is that an LPG conversion does not make it ULEZ compliant......
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

TYpe your registration number into the box on this website:- https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896?intcmp=35896

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
richjp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup exactly - that’s what I meant on my previous message. My 2005 always said non-compliant but my current 2003 says compliant. Which doesn’t make sense.
b3lha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a 2003 V6 same as yours and mine comes up as non-compliant according to that website.

Chances are that it's an error in the DVLA database. Somebody probably filled out the form incorrectly when your car was first registered.

But it looks like you have a valid defense for driving in the ULEZ without needing to pay. Wink
richjp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would certainly be a lucky mistake yes - I'll keep an eye that it doesn't change!
richjp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVLA must have corrected their error - now coming up as non-compliant Sad
mark3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your reg number in here  Very Happy

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896

Edit, i see i been beaten to it  Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I entered mine in the latest link 2005 3.0l petrol and it says it's not ULEZ compliant I.E. I need to pay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: