Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

where would you start with electrical issues?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 17:11    Post subject: where would you start with electrical issues? Reply with quote

I have previously posted about some specifics with difficulties I've been encountering with electrical issues, but as overarching problem it seems worth looking at.
So, issues are,

intermittent horn sounding issues (sounding off on its own, or not working )
Auto step will not switch off
Reversing camera intermittent

...are just some that come to mind.

Would be super grateful for any ideas and suggestions on how to proceed here.

I also have this weird switch that I've never noticed before, simply says on/off with a metal toggle protruding from it.  (Not sure I can even attempt a phot upload)

...another ask actually....where do y'all park your beasties and have they ever bothered others/neighbours due to their size/whatevuh?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 17:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

annek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

"....seems worth looking at...."

Soz for typos there!
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those problems shouldn't be too tricky.  Surprised

Being simple, and no sparky, I'd find the horn sounder unit, or whatever its called, I think in the offside wing, and put a couple of new wires to it from the steering wheel connections, just to test. If it works okay then, I'd rewire properly with new wires.
The side step should have an on/off switch on the dash?
Being out in the elements, the bearing/ pivot points get tight and the side step won't fully return, hence not hitting the cut off switch, and just go crazy.
Mine needs stripping and regreassing, but in the time being, I turned off the auto side step switch on the dash, pushed the step in fully by hand and disconnected the battery to reset it.

Reference, the reversing camera? I reckon that's aftermarket?

I have a cheap one, and everytime I turn the vehicle on, it mirrors so what's on the left in reality, is on the right, so I have to look and adjust every time I start.

Reference the parking...  

I did have a few moans, as vans are not allowed where I live.

They have given up now as some surf dude has moved in with his lwb t5, and he really does not care either.

Yet another debate, I'm not getting into again, but the Delica, is classed as a plg. Eg car.

Shut them up with that!

Saying that, you cannot call it a car unless you have some issues, but use that to your advantage!
annek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your points green grouch!

A couple of bits to add in to your comments.  The step fully retracts no problem, it opens when the door is opens and stays open until the door is closed, it doesn't mess about, its just always on, as in, I can't switch the thing off on the dash, the switch does nothing

The camera, yes, after market.  If I have my camera screen upside-down, I experience the same mirror image issue, I realised after it fell off its stickers a couple of times!  

Your parking experiences reflect mine in that yes, I agree that its a 'van' thing.  Yet camper vans perhaps don't get this?  Were in between aren't we, with our mpv's?

I think my facelift looks more camper style than the be-bull-barred one I previously had.  I've had a lot of tyre damage whilst stationary, tyres stabbed, and kicking to the body work, I suspect keying as well.  So findig somewhere safe to park it is pretry urgent.  Threats to report it for being abandoned?!  Is that even a thing when you've spoken to the owner!  

Can you explain what you meant by, "you cannot call it a car unless you have some issues...use that to your advantage"

Do you mean over 'vans' being parked where they shouldn't be?(but its not actually a van?)
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a bit of a laugh there, as it's basically a smallish van with windows and seats in, but all the oldies near me, call it a van, even though it's classed as a car, but they are stuck in there ways and will just not see the light and are never wrong.  Crying or Very sad

On the side step, you could have a look at the connections at the back of the switch. The switch may be broken and stuck on,whatever position its in.

Try removing the terminals and see what happens.
annek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the chrome toggle switch for the rear fog light? All UK Delicas have an odd switch for this, as it's a retro fit. Mine is a black pull-to-make mushroom switch, with an orange light in the middle; -  looks like it came out of a Morris Minor!
annek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats interesting andyman.

I have an additional black thumb-flick round switch wih a light on for tue fog lamp.with the electrical issues I am worried what might happen if I switch it off - its always on and the fog lamp is off  Confused
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Grouch wrote:
I'm having a bit of a laugh there, as it's basically a smallish van with windows and seats in, but all the oldies near me, call it a van, even though it's classed as a car, but they are stuck in there ways and will just not see the light and are never wrong.  Crying or Very sad

Mine is legally classed as a MPV, with the DVLA.  Very Happy

If you have a vehicle classed as a Van or Camper, then it is legally considered a Panel Van and the contents, either people of campervan fittings are classed as chattels.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why's there no reg there Lewis?  Is this a forgery job?   Shocked
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public Forum, so I'm not putting my Reg No on there to help folk clone a number plate.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, I totally get that, but it was the fact you'd done more than blank it out.  It looks like it just hasn't been filled in....do you do passports on the side?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mouse?
annek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it meant to be 'mole'  Wink allrighty.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of a Shush!

ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, I see <Taps side of nose wisely>
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

annek.
The hoot button, maybe the fault is in the steering wheel.
Take off the wheel, and check the hoot button connections.

It was a common problem on "London" taxis - The Brass ring could break, or get corrupted (bent)/oxidised.

Your reverse camera, need more info, i.e. is it wired, or wireless  Question
Do you have to switch it on manually Is it connected to the reverse lights in the tailgate  Question  Question

The Retractable Side step: A new member on here, has come up with, what might be really a good idea  Smile  Question
to do away with the optional Mitsubishi side steps. Whether they be the fixed type, or electric.
This device would work best on the sliding door side.

The front doors offer more complications, due to the shape of the Footwells.
I 'me gonna help him to make it. That's 'cos I 'me geared  up to work both metal and woodworking machinery.

The good bit = These steps will fold up - "Out of the way" for "Off roading"
DON'T hold your breath, waiting for this idea to be announced.

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my fixed side step rotted away, I worked out a design for a lift up and over step which fits to the step inside the sliding door. However, my welding and fabricating skills were not up to it, so I made a simple fixed step, which now seems a bit vulnerable to passing rocks! (Although I haven't hit any . . . yet!)
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's time yet Andy!!

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: