Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Aircon Air Conditioning Compressor Noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37    Post subject: Aircon Air Conditioning Compressor Noise Reply with quote

Hello,

Aircon compressor is starting to make a bit of a whistling noise when engaged.
Cooling still functioning correctly, not been that long since serviced and oil added.
Has anyone successfully overhauled one of these?
Just trying to work out what to do when the time comes to rectify.

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty easy to change the bearing in the pully/clutch system but not sure of anything beyond that 👌
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any further information regarding this please? Any parts used and method of doing etc?
Thanks
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've replaced bearings on many occasions, provides a 100% fix if the noise is constant when the clutch is disengaged.
Its a case of removing the center bolt on the compressor pully assembly and then note the order the pullies plates are removed. The bearing is the pressed put measured up and supplied by our local motor factors.
Press it back in then reassemble and feel great about fixing the issues for around a fiver!
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

What symptoms do you have, Bizmarty? I cut the belt off when my last Delica's compressor, bearing went south on the way back from a long weekend. Never got around to fixing it as I was to tight to put it on anyway!
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
The noise can only be described as a whistling noise when it kicks in and starts running. I initially thought it might be the internals, something worn inside, but after you have suggested the bearings, I wonder if that could be it?
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the most likely culprits are the belt or the bearing. You can often feel roughness or play with the belt off.
if you do take the center bolt out to remove the clutch, be careful of the magnetic clutch wires, which can be fragile, and note the order it disassembles, especially any washers or small shims as this often sets the spacing for the clutch plate.
it's a simple job as long as you don't heck the order but every now and again one might need a pry or very rarely a puller.
I've made it sound harder than it is maybe,but then again, I Can't remember doing a Delica pully but its on the cards soon no doubt :0)
andyj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had zero aircon on my Deli for years and was quoted daft money (hundreds) to get the compressor overhauled.

so if worse come to worst i've had this fitted for two years with no probs, aircon engineer said it was surprisingly well made.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993698587.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dzvrqF6
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty cheap solution! Did it just bolt straight on?
Bizmarty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link didn't work properly for some reason.
I'll link it again just in case Aircon Compressor AliExpress
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link worked okay for me. Mine was designed for R12, so a bit ineffective with 134a and updated "green" refrigerants.
andyj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolted onto the carrier then onto the block, rad out would make the job a lot easier as well.

realised i posted the wrong link (cancelled order) place i got mine delivered from was here, i think they are the manufacturer:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32669304561.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dZN09Kz
andyj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Link worked okay for me. Mine was designed for R12, so a bit ineffective with 134a and updated "green" refrigerants.

r12 was great stuff, when i was talking to the aircon guy he said 134's getting phased out and the new "green" stuff coming in is garbage and costs a bomb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: