4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

How many L300 owners do we still have on the forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mamos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47    Post subject: How many L300 owners do we still have on the forum Reply with quote

Hi All

I used to see plenty of L300s on the roads but these days I very rarely see one

Just wondering how many members on this forum still have an L300?

Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you'll see more in the holiday season, especially down your way. I suspect there are probably fewer than 200 on  the road, and a few more SORNED for repairs, but that is really a stab in the dark. I don't think you can tell from the 'How many left?' Site.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here...

But I think the various Facebook groups are attracting quite a lot of owners these days.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
possum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my L300 for 10 years & still drive it every day.
mr.b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, had our L300 for three years, been round france and spain twice,about 5000kms both times,
going to Portugal this year staying at a Sun £9.50 holiday in spain then making our way down to Portugal,
we will be staying in Portuguese aires which can be found in Vicarius books, good thing is they're all free.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.b wrote:
....Portuguese aires which can be found in Vicarius books, good thing is they're all free.

What is a Vicarious book?  :?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still 2, still going strong!!! Laughing

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
mr.b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 23:11    Post subject: Vicarious Books Reply with quote

Hello Lewis,
            Vicarious Books are a company that produce guides to aires in France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Holland
& Luxembourg. The aires are not motorway aires, they are normally a few parking spaces set aside for motorhomes
and campervans in car parks, most have some sort of services, drinking water, grey & black water waste, some have
toilets, some have electric hook-ups. We stayed in one about 15kms from Santander last year, it was next to a
nature park, there was a lake with lots of wild birds, a herd of about 14 elephants, about 20 water buffaloes and
a load of antelope. You could pay to go in the park, where they had bears and wild boar. It was a nice end to our
holiday, we woke up in the morning and could hear the elephants grumbling and far*ing they were only about 75yds
away, you walk all around the animal enclosure to take photos, her ladyship spent about 5hrs taking photos. The
enclosure looks like a miniature Serengeti with a mountain backdrop, we have found some really nice places using the
books but there also some not so good ones, the good thing is if you don't like where you stop you can move on and
it doesn't cost you anything.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's useful info, Mr B. Will look into it further. Do you take a tent with you? I can't persuade my missus that the Deli is big enough, plus she likes to have proper facilities when we stop.
mr.b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andyman,
              We don't take a tent, we just have a bit of a cramped wash in our camper, we can also get a
porta-potty in the van so we haven't got to get out in the middle of the night. We normally stay in the aires
for about a week or until the smell gets too much then we stop in a campsite for one or two nights to have
a shower and do washing. There are quite a lot of books out there for free stopovers, Britstops, SeaView camping
in the uk, France Passion/Espana Discovery, which I think are mainly vinyards, Camping Morroco.
The Vicarious books come with a numbered map to cross reference with the book, the Spanish/Portugal map
also has campsites on the back and LPG sites. Just had a thought, if you are near a beach and somewhere warm
you could always use the showers on the beach.
alex3025

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-) still have mine but it's sorned living up in a nice warm workshop in Scotland  8-)
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car. "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car. "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence. "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex3025 wrote:
8-) still have mine but it's sorned living up in a nice warm workshop in Scotland  8-)

Have you seen the weather forecast for Scotland, Alex? Shocked
grasshole (RIP)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still going strong  :D
motorang

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
still owner of 3 L300, only one roadworthy though.
There are some around in Austria, about 3 others in Graz which I see regularly (population 300.000).

Andy
mamos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see there are still some around.

Mine should be back on the road on Sunday now I have my turbo back

Paul
Duxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mine still used as daily transport and after 10 years ownership have no intention of letting go.
Whitewilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mine for 6 months now but i have only seen one other L300 in that time near Brize Norton. Being rare is a good thing I think unless you are trying to find brown interior parts then it's not such a good thing.
mouseflakes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's tucked up in my garage (recently built, and yes, it has over-size doors so it can house the Delica!). The van needs roof rust repairs in the style of Reg Cheeseman (cab sunroof is the worst bit), plus whatever is required to stop the steering rack leaking. I just need to find the time Sad

profpriv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my L300 1998 2.0l petrol panel van.
When I bought it brand new it was hard to find a panel van with two side loading doors.
Mitsubishi had recently revised the spec increasing the engine size from 1.6 to 2.0 petrol,with a similar increase in diesel engine size.
They also moved the gear shift from the steering column to a lovely short shift stick which is floor mounted.It is so reliable and goes like a rocket.Now that the L300 is becoming a rare beast.It is a very basic van though and doesn't have electric windows or keyless central locking (except via the interior dashboard switch), or air conditioning.I hope to be adding electric windows sometime soon.GREAT VAN!!!  Profpriv(Shaun)
BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got mine, though still is probably not the right word as i only got it October last year. Been doing bits to it slowly since then.

Based in Barnsley but get out n about all over the place. Clumber park Friday, Stoke on Trent Saturday, somewhere in Peaks Sunday or Monday.
Metallic blue top silver bottom, easily recognisable by the massive wheel arches n wheels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: