2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Fuel filter for 3.0 V6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fintious

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 19:06    Post subject: Fuel filter for 3.0 V6 Reply with quote

Hi all, anyone tell me where the fuel filter is on these please?  when I took my Deli in to have the cam belt done I asked the mechanic to do oil and filter and fuel filter change and I provided all the parts. I have just discovered that the oil filter is a rusty looking old thing and certainly not the new one that I bought. I want to check if he did the fuel filter before I go and see him
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 19:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

norcosis
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its behind the battery, against the bulkhead. Silver metal unit, absolute swine to remove so if he hasn't done the oil filter  i very much doubt he'll have tackled the fuel filter...
fintious

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it too but will check tomorrow. Thanks for the info
fintious

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, not been changed. I don’t think I can be bothered with the confrontation so I’ll but another and do it myself. I hate using garages for this reason and only went to this one as I wouldn’t know where to start doing the cam belt. I’m sure that there are loads of mechanics that do what they charge you for but if you do it yourself then you know it’s been done. He definately did the cam belt as I went in when the engine was in bits!!
mark3

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like doing cam belts on V6 L400's, more space than on a Pajero/Shogun and nice and easy to get to everything.......

No need to bleed anything when you fit the new filter, just turn the key and start it up  Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

done that, nice and easy.  whilst I had my tool kit out I changed front and rear brake pads (need to do rear shoes), oil and filter change, replaced front ARB links which has stopped the annoying knocking noise and got the grease gun on the track rod end nipples as the rubbers were looking a bit squashed..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: