Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 Servicing Suggestions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrisUK

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 20:52    Post subject: L400 Servicing Suggestions Reply with quote

Hi all,

As some of you may know I've recently acquired my first L400 ('94 Exceed with super select 4x4), it's got about 110k miles on the clock.

Just looking to get this serviced for peace of mind, it's had front brakes/pads done recently as well suspension work (mostly bushes and the like), however I've made a list in my head to get things done to give extra reassurance of the other areas that may need doing/want doing at this time. So far I can think of:

*Engine coolant change
    *Belt changes (Fan, Alternator) - not too fussed about air conditioning belt (unless there are horror stories around this)
    *Oil change
    *Oil filter
    *Air filter
    *Glow plug change
    *Transmission oil change (Gearbox and Transfer box)
    *Fluid level checks

I did have valve check as a maybe, but not sure on this.

Basically, I just want to ensure the mechanical side is tip-top as possible, then I can start looking at things like getting rust sorted (know some that needs doing) and then prettying it up and fixing non-essential things.

Just thought I'd ask those in the know in case I've overlooked something, couldn't find the advice on a search here or google.

Cheers,
Tris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CSMonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are changing the engine coolant, check the condition of the coolant expansion tank and replace if needed or even if slightly worried. They are known to age badly and if it blows, the engine will be close behind.
I replaced mine with a plastic version from FleaBay for about £65, there are some nice custom Aluminium versions that will outlive the rest of the Delica, but they cost more.

Regards,

Rich
YOZA

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diff oil front and back.

Brake pads and the often forgotten rear shoes.

Fuel filter
TrisUK

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've added these to my list!

Knew I'd overlook something, fuel filter being most prevalent. Totally forgot about the diff!

Just need to find somewhere that will do it all haha.
YOZA

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guy called mark3 he is well thought of as a Delica guru,  he live down your way, PM him and see what’s what, he may do the work at your home. Idea
TrisUK

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout Yoza, I've got some funds coming in in about a week time hopefully, going to have a nose about and see about getting the work done.

I see Mark3 take on work at max. 90 mins away, so in the current situation I might be lucky as Google shows just under that (by a few mins  Laughing ). Also will be nice to have someone to work on it and know what they are doing, rather than it being 'just another car' in a regular workshop.

Will hit him up when I have some extra funds as I can see it being quite an expensive job getting all this done  Shocked (but worth it)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: