Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Kickdown cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darrenhill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 19:36    Post subject: Kickdown cable Reply with quote

Hi everyone i have a wonderful L300 '94 plate. My accelerator was stiff to press and a mobile mechanic found that the kickdown cable was seized. He disconnected so that the pedal can be pressed.
Now the questions are 1. Would i be doing any damage to the gearbox in driving her to the garage without the kickdown cable ? 2. I have contacted mitsubishi to purchase a new cable but they are unsure of the part number....does anyone know it please?

Many thanks for any assistance

Darren
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 19:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see why it would cause any damage, as long as you aren't heavy footed at low rpm, because obviously the gearbox won't be able to kick down to a lower gear to relieve the strain demanded on the engine. It shouldn't prevent the gearbox from making "normal" changes.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat surprised they can't find which cable you need, as they are shown on the aftermarket parts database.

This, as an example, is for the P35W:-  See:- https://mitsubishi.epc-data.com/delica_star_wagon/p35w/hsrxt9/fuel/engine-control/

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Darrenhill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Andy and Lewis, mitsubishi have got back to me with part number MR195903.....but unfortunately  obviously they don't stock anymore! Any suggestions please...huge thanks for help so far
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me; I would be inclined to get the whole cable out and check why it has seized. It could be frayed, or rusted, inside the sheath.

You would also have the option to either make one up, or get one one made up for you.

We have done this, using bicycle brake cable, on old farm equipment.

Also try some Delica breakers, like MitzyBits, in Rotherham, for a used one.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Darrenhill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly helpful as ever Lewis cheers fingers crossed
mark3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unhooked my kickdown cable on my Paj and drove it for years with no damage at all.

The dam thing even though perfectly adjusted would kick down at 70 with just the slightest of pedal pressure making a load more noise, jumping from 3000 to 4000 RPM and not really go any faster, without it it jumped down from 3000 to 3300, pulled better and was quieter too , with the kick down cable unhooked from the injector pump it actually was nicer to drive so i left it like it  Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol thanks mark3 bare that in mind, she has a couple of other snaggy bits and she's done me good so far so might as well treat her to a few new bits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: