Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Hesitates at 30-35 mph??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 14:19    Post subject: Hesitates at 30-35 mph?? Reply with quote

Hello all,  I seem to have developed a slight problem with my Deli' (or, it may have been there all along and I didn't notice it before). When I am cruising along at low speeds (30-35 mph) my Deli' seems to hold back or, hesitate slightly, but, when I give it a boot full, it just roars off and the hesitation has gone? It doesn't do it at higher speeds or higher revs. All the vacuum hoses are nearly new and well installed. Just had a major overhaul and service by a reputable garage locally with quite a few parts renewed. The mechanic who carried out the work told me to bring it straight in and he would put his diagnostic equipment on it (snap-on) and, take it for a test drive. The long and short of it is, no fault codes showing, everything ticking over perfectly etc, etc.  He took it for a drive and when he came back he said he thought he could slightly feel the hesitation (although he added that it wouldn't bother him as it was so slight) and, he told me he thought that it was hesitating over the gear changes, a sort of "shall I, shan't I" reaction before it changes gear (either up or down I imagine)?? He said he has a customer with a automatic Range Rover which does the same thing at fifty mph, he has had it for years like that and it doesn't bother him any more. So, my question to any of you in the know (Lewis) is, does this explanation add up and, I should stop worrying about it or, is it something more sinister waiting to happen?? Any information on this issue will be gratefully accepted  Very Happy.  For the record, my Deli' is a 2006 3.0lt V6 Petrol, active field model.

Cheers guys.

Pete'.  Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 14:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gear is it in and what RPM is it showing at 30-35? Have you much previous experience of automatics? When you hit the gas, is that more than the normal pre-kickdown hesitation, is it kicking down 2 speeds? At 30-35, I wouldn't expect it to cruise in top O/D, but better in 3rd (O/D off)  and better for a quicker take off - just switch up to O/D around 50mph. After all, even my L300 diesel loses drive below about 40mph when slowing on the overrun in O/D.
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting back to me Andy. I must admit that I don't have that much experience of automatic gearboxes. Not sure what gear its in when it starts doing this hesitating but, as soon as I put my foot down, he takes off like a rocket, no hesitation at all?!!? I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with it being one of the last models (Active Field), don't they have some sort of electronically controlled gearbox or four wheel drive system or something?? I Can't seem to find anyone that knows anything about the Active Field Edition?? I'd never heard of it until I picked him up at Southampton Docks!??!  Confused  Rolling Eyes
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find that at around the 40mph mark the OD kicks in, below that you will be in 3rd Gear.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: