2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Different tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 18:03    Post subject: Different tyres Reply with quote

I have been having a bit of a nightmare ordering up tyres ,  kuhmo kl71  31's
They sent bf Goodrich  mk3 's instead
Question is can I run these on the front until I match the rear if I run in two wheel drive ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 18:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are the same sizes front and back, you should have no problem in 4WD either. On my L300, I have at present 265/70/15s on the back, and 235/75/15s on the front. Even with the difference in rolling radius, as long as I only use 4WD (and it's fixed on a L300) on loose surfaces, I don't get wind-up issues. On the legal side, as long as you don't mix cross ply and radial on the same axle, you're okay.
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andyman...   yeah they are the same size and both mud tyres front and back , the rear tyres relatively new with good tread .... i will need to have all the same tyres as don't have the room to carry two spares .

I thought it might be okay to run different tyres on the front but as you know all the blurb says don't do it ....but surely even though may put on new tryes all round the fronts will wear faster and so be different to back eventually ?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used, temporarily, as Andy advised, will be okay. Just ensure you keep it in 2WD.

You may find more difficulty in getting the KL71’s, as they have been superseded by a newer version with more sidewall protection.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis ,   i have been really messed about ordering tyres online , seems to be many companies out there advertising tyres that they don't actually have in stock and they only tell you this once they have taken your money  Crying or Very sad

I got sent BF Goodrich instead of Kuhmo's , so has now left me in this predicament of running different tyres until i can change them all over to same ones , was going to fit Cooper STT  pro...ordered five new ones , only to be told 3 to 4 weeks delivery time  Shocked

so i won't be doing many miles until the others arrive and will be keeping it in two wheel drive  ....i've never had so much trouble getting tyres  Shocked
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper STT Pro’s are what I currently have on.

I looked into the various online sellers to get them and came to a personal belief that the majority of them are one and the same.

I eventually settled on one who had the lowest price, with three day delivery as Standard, by UPS. I was also able to follow the line of delivery from source to me, using the UPS tracking facility.

The card payment was to a company name in the UK. The source of the tyres was in Latvia, they were flown to East Midland airport - all within 24 hours. Then by truck to Leeds, before delivery to me - which took two more days, arriving shortly after 6pm.

Had they come by truck I reckon five days would be about right.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a local tyre factor who always seems to have 235/75/15 AT tyres in stock.
At the moment I have Avon Rangers on the front and Hankook Dynapros on the rear.
No running problems.
The spare is an Avon and if I need it on it will only be until I can get a matching tyre.
As long as your don’t run with different tyres on each axle(except in emergency and keep your speed down).

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

235/75's are a doddle to get in the UK

The L400 runs better with 30", as it is closer to the factory size then 235's.

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: