4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Wet carpet near tailgate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AWG81

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:22    Post subject: Wet carpet near tailgate? Reply with quote

Hi all,

As well as rain water leaking into the footwell (which I'm going to fix using the instructions in the FAQ) I also seem to have a little leak in the back and am getting wet carpet in the corner underneath the panel that houses the jack. It doesn't seem to be coming in through the tailgate.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there is fix before I start ripping off trim to investigate?

Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jejoenje

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I have noticed a similar sort of thing. although not wet as such, I have noticed some dampness around the jack.
Although I'm not sure, I suspect the issue maybe with a seal underneath the little plastic "quarter" panel that sits off the side of where the tailgate hinges are, if that makes sense? You can remove it (I think there's just a screw somewhere that reveals itself when you open the tailgate (maybe?). Anyway, from memory, there's a similar sort of seal as underneath the "cheek" panels as per the FAQ you refer to. It may be worth a look?
Jeroen
AWG81

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for this - that sounds like a good place to start. I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm keen to get this sorted as I'm putting in a plywood sub floor for a camper conversion and I really don't want it getting damp!

Cheers,
Andrew
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the seal around the rear light cluster could cause this. I have removed mine, checked the seals are okay, and applied a little grease to them before replacing. No water ingress. I have also had to use some thick gutter mastic around where the wheelarch meets the outer wing, as the original sealant/bonding cracks, and also there is some rust perforation here where mud collects around the lip.
AWG81

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I will check this too and report back.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, rear light cluster seals as Andy suggests may also be worth investigating - I hadn't actually thought of that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: