4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Cills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 19:48    Post subject: Cills Reply with quote

Hi everyone might sound silly question I'm wonderinging if it's possible to buy replacement cills for a Delica L300 Star Wagon..any advise much appreciated cheers T
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 19:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a silly question surely?

However it's one I'm not sure of the answer to... Probably depends on which bits?

What do you need?

Have a look here for part numbers (browse the site for different parts)
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/Delica-star-wagon-9344/p35w-19993/hsnpt2-624847/side-structure-7919506#/il-189248997-4775416-4775416

Once you have a part no. you could go straight to Mitsubishi, or look here:
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/mb506670
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/mb506672

Etc.

Above part no.'s I've put in are obvs just a selection of random things, you need to try to find specifically what you need and then cross-ref it.

I had quite a few bits of my (inner) sills welded - depending on what you need done that is a good option, too.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more stuff (potentially) here:

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/Delica-star-wagon-9344/p35w-19993/hsnpt2-624847/floor-7919515#/il-189249199-4775600-4775600

(Megazip is great but it's hard to search)
timus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much I will look up the parts links you have sent ..both sides of the cills are really very poor condition I'm having a welder look, at it, just the cost !!! Very reluctant to sell or scrap it ..
Cheers T
jejoenje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to find someone to weld it for you, my suggestion would be to find someone who is handy with a welder and sympathetic to an older (retro) vehicle - as opposed to a modern garage.
I suspect that in many cases, the latter will either plain refuse to do it (not worth their time) or would massively overcharge.

I found a local guy via the RetroRides forum who was happy to do it over a few evenings for a very reasonable sum. Passed MOT with no issues.

Another thing to bear in mind is that even when you would buy whole repair panels, they would almost certainly need to be cut/fettled into shape to match what you are needing to replace - it's very unlikely to be just a "drop in" replacement.
Given that it's really that sort of fettling that would take the time, it may be just as cheap to just have small sections cut/shaped as needed from plate steel.

Is it the inner sills that are the issue? Or all over?
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if L300 van sills (SWB) as sold by UK Mitsubishi dealers, are the same. Also, you may be able to get a passable replica fabricated by a fabricator with rolling and bending equipment - the sills are fairly regular profile, so not complex for a skilled sheet worker. Refitting the plastic trims may prove more tricky, but you don't have to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: