Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Front shocker bushes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green man
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 21:33    Post subject: Front shocker bushes Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Heads up on bushes for front shocker - lower and upper.

Just got top and bottom bush kits for my L400 from Milner and got 27mm bushes for lower end. On refit my originals were 29mm. No inserts fitted. Problem......

I called Milners and they were really good - explained that they only supply 27mm and were interested with the problem.

I got in touch with Mits UK and they do not supply bushes for ANY Mits vehicles across the board. New shockers? £105! Yeah right......plus 8 days to get them into UK from Japan.

Got in touch with Milner - told them the issue asked for new shocks - £25 a pop. Gas struts. So..... wanted bushes - ended up with new shockers. That's okay with me.

As a note - The TOP bushes needed a bit of engineering - Large washers to sit on top of the bush at the top. OEM has an insert. The poly bushes do not.

Any road up - to keep me mobile for a couple of days I just wrapped the new bushes with Self Amalg' tape and refitted. Oh wow - no knock! It will do 'til Sunday.....

New shocks fit will sort the Problem.

In summary - be aware - some shockers may be the correct size many will not - but be prepared to fit new shocks and finance for it if not................

In 20/20 hind- site - I should have just gone for new ones in the first place, esp since the top spindle was corroded through by around 50% or more. Silly ................

Any old Deli's out there - just replace - save the heartache..........

Marcus
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you don't have the ECS system fitted, as it only works With OEM shockers fitted.

Also ensure you keep the poly bushes well lubricated, otherwise they will wear away the surface of the pin through them, at the top d and the surface of the bolt through the eyes. The Black rubber bushes are self-lubing.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: