2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Testing the water for a meet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robaurdu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 15:41    Post subject: Testing the water for a meet Reply with quote

I've just had an idea, and for those of you who know me that may not be good.......
Anyway. Since I’ve been coupled up for weeks now, and most of last year, Liffey many of you I’m going stir crazy!!!!!  So I thought how Xs out a meet, where we could achieve more than one thing collectively.
So my ideas is...... have a meet in a location with facilities, where there is a pay and play area. Which is non scratchy. That will give us a bit of relief, and allow members to find out safely what their vehicles can do, and more importantly what they can’t.  Then, how about we try and have a fixit forum/ workshop, and video the procedure. This may go some way to replacing the incredible library that Lewis lost some time ago. I have cameras capable of 4K video and no end of professional led lighting to make this work.  Again this would give members the confidence and knowledge to help keep their vehicles on the road.  

I do have one place in mind in mid wales, which has a large barn that could be used, and accommodation, with camping close by , and some green lanes.

Anyone interested ????
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 15:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

robaurdu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the place I thought of, but open to ideas.  The Fiat panda 4x4 lads seem to have a blast at this.

https://youtu.be/UmHMfM2JPO8
robaurdu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the pay and play area, and the farm / cents itself
The videos from the uk panda 4x4 lads are weak worth a watch. They go all over the place. And if they can to them in a panda, we got no excuse. And yes I had an original 4x4 panda back in the day and had loads of fun and adventures in it so still got a bit of a soft spot for one.

https://youtu.be/GERyTyy8-Ag
robaurdu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

More videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wv1TE4jh2w&feature=share
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Rob, being as a few of us had mooted a mid-wales/borders meet this summer, and we've camped near Llandrindod Wells before, I don't think Llandovery would present any problems. Count me in! (Deker may come, but not for the bumpy stuff!) Roll on lockdown release!
robaurdu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy, looking at what the lads with the pandas were doing it should be dead easy and comfy in a Delica.  Decker has a wealth of knowledge so would be useful for fix it things. It’s also more comfortable for him there too
Deker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, nice to see you back on board  Smile

That place, Llanerchindda, been so close many times, when I used to camp at the https://www.blackmountaincaravanpark.co.uk/
First by way of motorcycle camping, then a few times in the Delica.

Not a bad campsite. When I was in the Delica, I did ask David (site owner) about car club meets,
he said "does not allow car rally meets" I tried to tell him that we (MDOCUK) members do not have rally's, but he was NOT interested.

I'm up for Green Laning, no rocky stuff, its hard on both the vehicle, and my suspension.

Water =  Very bad for chassis corrosion  Crying or Very sad

At the present time, there is no point in trying to arrange meets. A few days ago, .Gov sez another 3 weeks "Lockdown"
In another 3 weeks, they'll say the same thing - and after that, same again - - - add addendum  Crying or Very sad

In > 2 weeks I'll be 79, I want to get "Out & About" there is so much of the British Mainland I have not seen  Sad
Couldn't do it when I was working. Now I have time  Question  The right car, and money to do it.

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: