Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

think I've broken my Delica!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

annek wrote:
* I've been talking bollox frankly  Embarassed  too !

Didn't realise you were an MP !  Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 0:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

annek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Didn't realise you were an MP !  Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

Wink ha ha!

Thanks Buzzr

What would everyone else have done - like when yours go?  As according to Milners yours all have smf?!

The costs Yoza.... When you said £80-100 labour, how many hours are you saying it would take? Like two or three hours work?  When I checked wih my local garage they estimated 6, so considerably more £'s at £60pph!
annek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a warning before the fkywheel failed, thought it worth sharing (in case you all didn't all already know!)

On starting the engine initially it can be heard.  Deker, you may specifically remember me pointing the noise out to you?  It sounded like the engine 'clanking' would be my best description of it.

If you hear it, act, fast!

Also, do you know what flywheels you currently have?

Has anyone else's broken?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

annek wrote:
What would everyone else have done - like when yours go?  As according to Milners yours all have smf?!

The costs Yoza.... When you said £80-100 labour, how many hours are you saying it would take? Like two or three hours work?  When I checked wih my local garage they estimated 6, so considerably more £'s at £60pph!

Replace it of course!  Surprised

This is the flywheel (item 7) on the Auto's and where it goes.
Item *1 is the crankshaft.
Item *2 is the torque converter.
Item 3 is the Flywheel inspection panel:-

This what it actually looks like, along with the parts that secure it to the back of the crankshaft:-

This is the torque converter, that is connected to the flywheel:-

This is what the flywheel looks like when secured to the back of the crankshaft.
The small cog at the side is the starter motor and the tube is where the ATF dipstick goes:-

Fortunately, for those who know how, you can remove and replace it, without taking the engine out:-

Being able to do that is also a useful thing to know, should you need to replace the rear crankshaft seal  Rolling Eyes :-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awed at the huge solid significant lump of a flywheel!

Lewis, I was making reference to what steps others would take.  Say, where to look, who to go to, would you tackle it yourself, recommend anyone in particular, get the flywheel repaired or replace it.  Those sort of considerations involved in tackling my broken Deli.  I get though that for you, its a case of I'd replace it

Also, whether anyone else has DMF, as delis were built with them, but milners only.do a clutch to smf and replacement smf, you'd need to buy the different nuts separately.

I wasn't aware of all that at the start, and only found out at the end Shocked so hoping in sharing it someone else might have learnt.  Also the very obvious noise on startup which I heard but noone recognised its significance, i.e. I would never have attempted such an extreme uphill reverse knowing what was going on wih my dmf.

Perhaps I should have asked specifics instead of a very open question.
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

As manual L400s are relatively rare, and your problem would appear to be rare among manuals, it seems that your chances of having the problem diagnosed before your flywheel's final demise would have been very small, Annek. DMFs in general tend to develop judder on take-off, and vibration at other times, as the springs in them weaken. The Shogun/Pajero models with the 2.8 4m40 engine would surely use the same DMF? Can someone else confirm?
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

annek wrote:
I had a warning before the fkywheel failed, thought it worth sharing (in case you all didn't all already know!)

On starting the engine initially it can be heard.  Deker, you may specifically remember me pointing the noise out to you?  It sounded like the engine 'clanking' would be my best description of it.

I just assumed it was Clutch fork and bearing noise - Which I have heard many times in the past.

Didn't know Delica had DMF.

If a SMF is available, I would go for that. Do bear in mind, that you may not be able to traverse at idling speed,
without loads O juddering - Definitely NOT advisable.

Mr D
annek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Pajero, Andyman  Wink   Are you saying

Yep, definitely DMF , Deker,   and now have solid with new clutch, zero judder!  Runs great  Very Happy

Oh,and the initial start up judder, completely gorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: