Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica L300 p35w leaf springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robwdel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 16:53    Post subject: Delica L300 p35w leaf springs Reply with quote

Hi, does anybody know of any aftermarket leaf springs that fit a 93' L300 P35 Deli and where to buy?

Thanks for looking
Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 16:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with yours, - have they sagged, or have the bush eyes worn badly/opened up? A good blacksmith can refurbish your springs, if they aren't too bad.
robwdel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, they're very loose, like I can push up the leaves with finger pressure. In think the may have cracked at the mount eyes.

Is it just hard to buy replacements for them? I've seen that place near birmingham that refurbs but its a faff getting them sent to them and its a mates work van (2 delis in the neighbourhood now!) so looking for a quick turnaround.

Don't suppose you've ever heard reviews of Old Man Emu pajero leafs fitting on a Deli L300?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Shogun-Pajero-Montero-OME-Old-Man-Emu-Suspension-Leaf-Springs/264278598233?hash=item3d883b6259:g:ODoAAOSwxtVcEAIb
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if these would fit - they are for the van, whose axle fits over the springs, rather than under it. Might be worth contacting to check specs etc, or a Mitsubishi dealer should be able to help. I believe Roger Emery (Pink Pig) fitted new springs to his within the last couple of years. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjVwMa3ssHjAhUSRNMKHb0FBkgYABAmGgJ3Yg&sig=AOD64_2qR9NayRQF_846-qFLVTMzveDNKg&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjFz8K3ssHjAhUMSxUIHfDRAr4Q2CkI1gI&adurl=
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked compatible vehicles - this spring is for  the box van - chassis cab? Sorry.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't take this as a personal recommendation as this definitely counts as hearsay via-via, but I remember seeing a post (I think it was on the Facebook pages) to this outfit:
https://leafsprings.co.uk/
Although they don't list the Delica L300 on the website, it may be worth giving them a ring.

I can't remember correctly but I think PinkPig may have sourced his from Europe, somewhere...?
davep10000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my p25 chassis cab I used late l200 ones from jones springs, but I had to modify the front shackles and remove a bit of the curved part of the front of the top leaf.
dave
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my experience.
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45269

LWB springs give a 2inch lift to SWB van

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K4smt5Kqqc5B1yZr8

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
robwdel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the replies! Yeah I phoned MRS and was a refurb only option but couldn't quote me estimate without seeing them first. Might go the blacksmith route but harder to find up here and would like to put on new bits if possible. Would also look to put another set on my Deli if I can find good replacements as they look bad too.

I've now got a part number for originals ( MB515724 ) so will phone a few places on Monday. Gotta few days welding new o/s sills, arches and replace rear bearings, seals and drums setup so got some time to think

ta
Rob
robwdel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

davep10000 wrote:
for my p25 chassis cab I used late l200 ones from jones springs, but I had to modify the front shackles and remove a bit of the curved part of the front of the top leaf.
dave

ah this sounds good, was there a lot of shaving / modding to do? don't suppose you remember what year l200 they were for?
davep10000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is axle over spring and the ones from a 2007 on l200 are the right length.
you would need to measure the lengths of yours to be sure..
I just. cut about 40mm off the end of the top leaf (very easy to do) to stop it fouling the chassis, and used the through bolt fixing for the l200 for the front shackle fixing.
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: