Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 - Air con working...Air con stops!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Farrington

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24    Post subject: L400 - Air con working...Air con stops! Reply with quote

Morning folks,

Aircon was re-charged and working well, now no longer pumping cold air.

Pressure is still good in the system.

Dash switch works, fans start on but as far as I can see, the clutch is not powering up.

I will be checking the clutch this morning - but are there any relays/fuses I should be looking at as a first call?

Pressure is still good in the system.

Thanks in advance!

Ian :0)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relays and fuses are in the engine bay Multipurpose fusebox.

See this post for the diagrams and lists:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42084

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Ian Farrington

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis - you are a star! Smile My japanese translation is still a bit iffy & the the engine block box was giving me fun!

Got direct power to the single terminal on the compressor - clutch clicked and locked up as designed.  Smile

Checked supply wire - no voltage when A/C switched on. Sad  All lights on the dash and can hear fans kick in.

Checked the appropriate twin prong fuses both in the drivers foot well & the Engine bay box. Good.

Just leaves the black OMRON MB629083 on the end of the Engine Bay Box.

*How in the name of all that is holy are you meant to get the soddin things OUT of the box?

I eventually ripped off the retaining tabs and jiggled it out with pliers. Replaced it with another unit but
no change. Chances of two duff units?

*4x contacts revealed. How do you test it for continuity?

Any ideas as to where my search should head now, given that power is not getting to compressor?

Thanks to all in advance!

Ian
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I f  it's doing your head in, and the weather is too hot, fit a new fused live and earth with a switch to get the compressor working when you need it.
Ian Farrington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liking your thinking Andy! Smile

SO, this co-incides with a new engine winging its way down to be fitted.

I proved the clutch operates but no power getting there. Taking off the connector from the high pressure switch, let me test for continuity. NO Continuity.

This indicates the switch has tripped I believe.

How do I reset the unit?

Regards,

Ian  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: