Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Oil pressure switch oddness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phluke

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 15:53    Post subject: Oil pressure switch oddness Reply with quote

Having just got Deli back on road with a new head thought I'd put the new oil pressure switch on today. However on getting the old one out I couldn't get the new one (Era part no: 330009) to screw in more than a turn, barely catching.

When I search for the mitsubishi part no: MC840219 all the results seem to list Era part no: 330009 as an equivalent. I'm a bit stumped, don't want to risk forcing the switch round and it even looks ever so slightly thicker than the old one.

Anyone know of an alternative it could be or experienced the same? Couldn't see any obvious identifying numbers on the old one.

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 15:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves me right, what you have has a parallel thread, which is the equivalent of the Part Number MD005480.

It should be like this one, with a 1/8th Gas thread, with a tapered thread:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
phluke

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i see

here's a pic of the two together, new on the left old on the right

so MC840219 is the correct part no. but i need the 1/8 GAS thread instead of the parallel thread, is that right?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both 1/8th gas thread.

What you need is a tapered thread.

Look at the ends of each item in your photos. Yours is much wider at the tip.
When you screw it into the housing it is like trying to push a tube inside a cone.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
phluke

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so I need to be looking for part no. MD005480 instead 1/8 Gas thread but tapered.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. That is the Mitsubishi part number for the compatible item that you have bought already, as I stated in my first post above.

You need the item that is in the photo I put on that post. I.E. MC840219.

See this:- eBay item

HTH

ルイス
phluke

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Lewis I'll get there in the end!

Got the old one through Euro CP after putting my reg in, so assumed it would be the one, there's me learnt.

Thanks for the help
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not your fault that suppliers don't know the difference.

There's a few that have got the wrong item listed with the wrong number.  To be fair they don't know the engines, so rely on their suppliers getting it right.

Just as an afterthought though - Check yours isn't fitted with an adapter between the Banjo bolt and the sensor, as it may allow the parallel thread to fit directly in when removed.

ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Not your fault that suppliers don't know the difference.

Just as an afterthought though - Check yours isn't fitted with an adapter between the Banjo bolt and the sensor, as it may allow the parallel thread to fit directly in when removed.

Good point Lewis. Looking at the photo, it appears that the new one has a larger thread diameter, tho,
difficult to tell without a measuring instrument.

I think it may be possible that the new switch may be metric 10 mm parallel fine thread.
Looks so close to 1/8 BSP, and 3/8 UNF, which is a tad smaller  Confused

Whichever the new switch is, you are right, in that the thread should be tapered.
I have fitted a few oil pressure switches to L 400s = all 1/8 Tapered BSP.

To my knowledge, most or all British made cars had 1/8 tapered BSP threads.

Mr D
phluke

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll investigate further this week, it looks just like the pic in the thread 'oil pressure sensor advice' so nothing obviously unusual about it on first glance. For the sake of a few quid I'll probably order another from a different supplier and see how it compares.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: