Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

ohh noooooo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ciaran15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 18:56    Post subject: ohh noooooo Reply with quote

So I'm driving along nicely on this fine Sunny day and I noticed a slight rumble when I get into top gear  it's kinda likea really noisy rumble and it's hard to hear in the van. Then I stop off for a while and start the van all of a sudden driving the along and the van starts shuddering violently when I'm going 30mph i mean the whole inside is shaking. I didn't want to go any faster incase the engine blew. All seems fine going between 0-30mph but as soon as I hit 30mph it shakes Like crazy. Has anyone any ideas why it would be doing this. I recently changed both diff oils and would this be a culprit ??   Any help would be greatly appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 18:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest = Check the tyres for any deformity.

Prop shaft/s UJs.

Wheel bearings.

Does your car have manual transmission Question

If 4WD check the front Drive shafts - Wear in the CVJs.

HTH

Mr D
ciaran15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van is an automatic L300 4X4 deker I'll get under her tomorrow and check these things out I'm hoping it's not the prop shaft I just got her back on the road after spending loads of money can't bare doing any more work on it 😨 would the wheel bearings make it shake like this ??
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the large square vibration dampner is still attached to the bracket at the back end of the gearbox, where the propshaft is connected.  Its function is to counter cavitation of the propshaft.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
ciaran15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay Lewis cheers I'll check this out tomorrow I'm a bit of a novice mechanic though😋 I don't think it's gearbox trouble as I've just put a new gearbox in and the oil looks good smooth  changes etc apart from this crazy shuddering as soon as it hits about 30mph and lack of power also. Here's hoping it's a simple fix
ciaran15

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right so I found the culprit the bolts holding the yoke to the diff have Come completely off

https://ibb.co/vc00RyZ
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have missed being torqued up after the gearbox was replaced; then slowly shaken loosea d dropped off.  Sad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jejoenje

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipes!!! That can't have been fun, and I can imagine why/how the shuddering/shaking!  Shocked

Can't see properly in the photo, but is it just the nuts that have come off, or have the bolts actually sheared?
Either way, I suppose it would just be a matter of finding replacement fixings (unless the vibration has caused issues with the pinion seal etc)?
ciaran15

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was actually only 2 nuts left holding it in place the other 2 must have come loose and fallen off... But it's my own fault I had a leaking pinion seal recently so I replaced it and on reassembly I obviously didn't tighten the bolts up correctly and they fell off 😀 To make matters worse the pinion seal is still freaking leaking as you can see in the photo lol.

I just put  2 new bolts on and tightened her up good and tight and took it for a drive all is good once again driving great no more crazy shaking. Still have a leaking pinion seal though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: