2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Rotating Captains Chairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 20:31    Post subject: Rotating Captains Chairs Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am a complete newbie having just recently purchased a 2006 L400. There are two captains chairs in the middle but I can’t get them to swivel, I can see the lever and have tried this on both seats but no rotation. There are instruction stickers for the seats on the door panel and I can see the reference to the swivel lever, am I missing something really obvious here? They slide, fold up etc fine, it’s just the swivelling I can’t figure out! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 20:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below the back end of the fabric area of the seat, on top of the plastic side cover, is a forward facing lever; Just above the one used for horizontal (sliding) adjustment. That has to be lifted and held up to allow rotation.

I have know some seats requiring the seat base to be folded up to allow them to swivel.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis, I have tried holding the lever up and also folding the seat and trying but still no luck. Today I lifted the plastic covering to see the mechanism, the cable is still connected and I can see the springs lifting the catch when I move the lever up but it’s still not swivelling, this is the same on both captains chairs, very annoying!
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fiddled and adapted a few of these seats now and believe it may be something to do with the position on the rail that the seat is, while you are trying to rotate them ??

Also the numbers 2006 ? sounds like a new Deli ! and may have some new features which are meant to be something to do with safety ??

Like a few on the forum, I've converted these seats to actually be the drivers and passengers seats and I ended up removing a small c clip type attachment which runs in the outer rail to allow them to turn where I wanted them to .

Saying that - I also removed the outer rail...

try again with the seats in different positions on the rail and hopefully something will work.
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, yes it’s a 2006 model so maybe something to do with safety, I’ll try them on each position on the rail and see if that works!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 date is irrelevant. The internals of the Series 1 and Series 2 are the same. The facelift was was confined to external front end panel cosmetics and some engine and fuel injector pump upgrades.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed,
However my old 1996 had a couple of tubes, welded through the box section supporting the floor,, done in production, midway along the vehicle which were just right to locate a bracket to support the handbrake cables when I moved the handbrake  to accommodate my last front captains seat mod.

My 2002, does not have this facility, so had to drill some holes myself to do the mod on the 2002.,

I would and may put the pictures up soon, but last time i did, the posts disappeared, so the urge to do again is lost.  
Sad
I'll get on it, when time allows.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting info about the tubes. I have a 1999 Series 1 but it doesn't have the tubes in it.
I look forward to seeing the photos.  I take it the last lot were on photobucket.  Mad

ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stick the new one
on soon.

Ref missing post,

It was using photo bucket, which was painful enough using for me, but the complete post disappeared., hence my bad attitude  Embarassed  Sad
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had some dissapear a while back, about 340 of them, which I think is down to an issue when servers are changed, as newer BB versions come out.  Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately some of them had photos on that I uploaded to P'bucket and didn't backup, so I lost them when P'bucket changed its modus operandi. Evil or Very Mad

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: