4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Coolant Bleed screw/bolt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancdelica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 0:11    Post subject: Coolant Bleed screw/bolt Reply with quote

Anyone know the part number or have a spare from a breaking van for the coolant bleed bolt for a 2.5TD. The small 15mm thread bolt which is located where the top rad hose comes from the engine block. I did the stupid thing of dropping it into the engine abyss when trying to bleed the system. Also how on earth are you meant to get it back in once it's removed? the fuel lines make it very hard. not sure I was meant to remove the whole thing out in the first place or just very loose would allow air/water to escape.

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 0:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY first though before removing anything is  'How does it go back in?'

It's not a very big thought, but saves a whole load of grief.  Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Mancdelica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha cheers lewis. But no your right and solid advice. Tbf I did think that I would put it back in the same way. In a universal socket and turn. It Just fell out and dropped.... need to get the van up so I can crawl under and have a feel around as much as I can... sometimes these things just happen.  Smile
mouseflakes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon after I got my L300 I had to remove the under-tray to retrieve a dropped bolt. I decided not to bother putting it back on because I'm always dropping things. Most bits now drop right through and can just be picked up off the floor.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least with the under-tray in, when bits drop off as your driving, you stand a good chance of getting them back.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you green lane it can save  damage!
You can bleed the cooling system by leaving the rad cap loose for a while after topping up the system.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost the remote control for my stereo down the gap without realising it, when I was doing a regular fluids check. I found it in the undertray, some months later when I did an oil change.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the stereo stuck on playing Grease?

ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Was the stereo stuck on playing Grease?

LOL! No, but the remote was stuck in oil and mud! Very Happy
jejoenje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and if you then cover the inside of the undertrays in a liberal coating of thick, sticky, waxoil, all your loose bolts/screwdrivers/10mm sockets/stereo remote controls (wot now? Laughing  ) will safely stick to it, until such a time as they can be retrieved.  Wink  Laughing

I once found I have been driving around with a stray screwdriver balanced precariously on top of one of the chassis rails... could have been fun. Fortunately I realised before said fun commenced...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: