Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

crankshaft pulley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinter72

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 18:24    Post subject: crankshaft pulley Reply with quote

Hi guys, my 1996 Jasper edition Delica has developed a nasty whirring sound from the front crankshaft pulley, does anyone know the Tech specs for a replacement off eBay as I'd hate to get the wrong part ordered up... Thanks in advance...👍
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 18:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need a tool to lock the pulley wheel in position while you swing on a piece of scaffold bar attached to a breaker bar to remove the bolt.[x2 holes in front pulley]

The bolt is a stretch bolt and should be replaced along with its washer, I would also change the crankshaft oil seal whilst you are at it, as it is exposed once you slide the pullet off the crank. Watch you don’t drop the woodruff key into the timing case/sump or you will be playing magnet fishing for a while.

Some people may tell you of a magical easy way of undoing the bolt using the key, they set the breaker bar onto the floor and use the starter motor to turn the engine this wizzes it off, but if you don’t get it right it can cause many nightmares including rounded head on bolt, sheared bolt, starter and ring gear issues and fling breaker bars.......

The reason yours is grinding is because the rubber harmonic band that has been pressed between the inner and outer ring of the pulley has fallen to bits, they have been known to part company from the inner ring and smash through the front rads, no nice. A good way to test for wear is to run a line of tip-ex down the front of the pulley full length and then go for a drive, if when you come back the line doesn’t mate up anymore then your pulley has slipped around its harmonic band and needs changing.
YOZA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't fancy the job Mark from here is a mobile mechanic and will come to you - after agreeing a price, dead easy then he gets the parts and he does the job...……. Very Happy
Deker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinter72.

Apparently, Milner off road sell them.

Yosa. Mark is somewhat unwell - having a rest for a while.

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm Mark is currently overseas for a few weeks, having a rest.
He may well be stopping his mobile mechanic work on his return.   Crying or Very sad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
mark3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
I can confirm Mark is currently overseas for a few weeks, having a rest.
He may well be stopping his mobile mechanic work on his return.   Crying or Very sad

I'm not away until Saturday but I'm happy to report that after having a week or so off things are way better and I'm kind of looking forward to taking engines apart again  Very Happy

Just the small matter of 10 days on a Barbados beach to contend with and I'll be back up and running second week in May  Cool
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!   bounce  compress  Laughing  nike

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Pinter72

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the info guys and gals... I got a new pulley ordered up from t'interweb and hope to receive it next week. It came in at 75 quid with the bolt and washer which is loads cheaper than I was quoted... Hopefully my mechanic buddy can fit it next week and the Jasper will be back on the road...👍👍👍
mark3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure it's torqued up to the correct amount (230nm) or it'll keep coming undone and ruin your crank snout,  thread lock may stop the bolt from undoing but it won't stop the crank from vibrating on the snout and buggering up the keyway but the correct torque will  Laughing ..

Plus the bolts are not stretch bolts and can happily be reused many times  Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm happy to say the new crankshaft pulley is on and has remedied the noise problem... Running sweet as a nut now so today's chores will be to eat the new air filter and engine oil and filter change... Thanks for the help and advice guys...👍👍👍
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinter72 wrote:
....... today's chores will be to eat the new air filter and engine oil ......

Personally I prefer a bacon butty and a mug of coffee.  Laughing

ルイス
mark3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the level of oil you like in your diet  Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinter72 wrote:
......….so today's chores will be to eat the new air filter and engine oil and filter change.

I wouldn't recommend the earth cable, its a bit chewy.

https://oi682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/lubabailey/yumyum_zpszpfi95tc.jpg

Shocked
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to get a rat-trap!
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS David Attenborough keeps telling us plastic is killing our wildlife - not those little b**gers - they seem to thrive on it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: