Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Steering wheel but air bagged up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fun Bus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 22:10    Post subject: Steering wheel but air bagged up Reply with quote

okay....this could be a long question with a short answer.

I see lots of you lovely Deli owners modding and upgrading, and I wanted a chunky and funky steering wheel. I can see posts where people have ripped out the standard one and bolted in a 3rd party wheel with a boss, but you don’t have an airbag. Hence, my quandary.

Has anyone upgraded a S2 wheel with airbag or am I stuck with the one I have, so only option is to trim it?

Ta v much.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 22:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DoriDorito

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good question and I am thinking the same. I don't need to trim mine just don't like it, possibly the only thing I don't like about my Space Gear is related to driver, seating position for 6+ft and steering wheel. Seating will be sorted soon enough with new seat and modified slider but haven't looked into changing steering wheel yet.

I am not sure if any of these would fit our electrical connections and work properly but here are few suggestions

Momo wheel for mitsubishi FTO, Colt mivec, Lancer evo 4 , these have airbags ... no links need just google any of these cars and there are plenty for breaking around UK. Make sure diameter of shaft is the same and count splines/teeth.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Leather-Hand-sewing-Car-Steering-Wheel-Cover-for-Mitsubishi-Pajero-Old-Mitsubishi-Pajero-Sport/32292172731.html

http://www.vilner.eu/en/accessory/7/steering-wheels/15/Mitsubishi  (these look expensive)
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun Bus.
What car you got  Question

If an air bag was not fitted from new, and you want one, then you will also need a "Collision" sensor.

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

As fun bus says, he has a series2, with airbag. He just wants a smaller wheel, - with airbag.
YOZA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a thicker wheel with a nice feel, yet retaining your air air bag go for this.

andyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter bought me a pink fluffy "Princess" wheel cover for my convertible, and fluffy dice. I set off for school with them on, but removed them once around the corner. Embarassed
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Daughter bought me a pink fluffy "Princess" wheel cover for my convertible, and fluffy dice. I set off for school with them on, but removed them once around the corner. Embarassed

I can fully understand that.

Mr D
YOZA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. Shocked

The feel of the wheel is like a feather boa, a loverly handbrake grip and as for the one you put on your knob, well that is sublime.

Take them off for your MOT though.  Embarassed
Fun Bus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Was just wondering if anyone had removed their basic wheel and replaced with something else, more quality.

Like the fluffy cover, but how can I put this......it’s not the look I was after.

Failing that, I’ll slap on a wheel cover, but not a 38cm one as the blooming thing won’t fit. 😡
YOZA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also went for a cheap option and bought this suede momo style wheel which turned out to be really good, nice feel, nice size and with a contoured grip - it came with an adaptor and a horn button too.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/lubabailey/C4A83037-C48F-445E-A412-2A82018128A8_zpszbworqo7.jpg

I did a write up on how the take off the old one and replace with new, but can’t find it. Rolling Eyes

(oversize image regrettably converted to url link, as per:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38592
Max usable pixel width is 800. Moderator)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: