Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Steel or alloy wheels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy lander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 23:43    Post subject: Steel or alloy wheels? Reply with quote

Evening all

Just after a bit of advice from anyone who's tried both... Steel or Alloy wheels??

Am thinking of buying some wider rims for my L400 Delica,  not sure if to go down the steel 'Tuff torque' modular wheel route or 2nd hand pajero alloy route. Wanting 6x15 inch but not sure which would be heavier and what impact this would have on driveability.

I intend to use the Delica 75% on road, 25% off road.

Also what tyres do you recommend and what size? (265/70/15 or 31.10.5x15) I want the aggressive look and offroad performance but don't want to much noise on road!..

Also will the a above fit with no arch mods? Will I need spats to stay within the law!...?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 23:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above 30" you will need to flatten down the seams and modify the rear mud flaps and front air fams,
Above 9.5 you will need to fit wheel arches.

Both have been mentioned in several posts, so rather than mention it all again, make a plate of sarnies - a big plate - and a pot of coffee, then sit down and do a search of ' 9.5 AND 10.5 '   Very Happy

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Andy lander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Thanks Lewis
YOZA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 x 10 inch modular steel wheels with 31 x 10.5 x 15 hi-fly vigorous MT's.

Arches needed seam beating and torsion bar lift with extended droplinks also 30mm wheel spacers all around.

Obligatory PINK of course. Shocked
Andy lander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yoza

Out of interest do you find the steel wheels a lot heavier than alloys? Obviously they are a lot wider !

How is the acceleration and fuel economy affected?

Many thanks
YOZA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first set of alloy wheels were heavier than these steel wheels, my alloys became porous so my tyres would slowly deflate this is a common issue with old alloys, apparently.

Going from standard tyres to the tyres I have now made a big difference to my MPG not sure exactly but bad enough to notice.

I went from city slickers smooth tyres on a mountain bike to an off road tread and the difference in extra pedalling and reduced coasting was unbelievable.

But they are what I wanted so I will take the negatives and enjoy the positives.
Andy lander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yoza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: